Need Elecrtical help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Elecrtical help

I have installed an aftermarket RPM gauge into my car which is running an rb25det series 2 but can not seem to figure out how to make it work.

everything is hooked up in means of power, ground ect just not sure where i am supposed to get or how to get the rpm signal for the gauge to work.

If you know how or where to do this any help is greatly appreciated.

Brad

this is a guess but im assuming your going to have one extra wire after your connected to ground and power and your going to have to splice that into a wire in your ecu harness. but i could be on crack
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

pin #7 on the ecu http://www.allpinouts.org/index.php/...ne_RB25DET_ECU
      Last edited by anthony; 06-07-2011, 07:50 PM.
      understeer -is when you go off the road and see the tree that kills you
      oversteer-is when you go off the road backwards and dont see the tree that kills you

Comment

tried that but didnt work, i might have to pull the tack and make sure its switched right

Comment

try this one http://www.paulr33.com/diagrams/rb25det-pinout.pdf this is a different rb25 pinout
          series 1 and 2 pinouts are different from what ive read and #7 is in a different spot in this one
          before you go and take your dash apart
          Last edited by anthony; 06-08-2011, 03:52 AM.
          understeer -is when you go off the road and see the tree that kills you
          oversteer-is when you go off the road backwards and dont see the tree that kills you

Comment

Don't you wish it was like the old days where you could just splice into a coil. Anyways, your RPM is going to be through an ECU pinout for sure
            “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by anthony View Post
              try this one http://www.paulr33.com/diagrams/rb25det-pinout.pdf this is a different rb25 pinout
              series 1 and 2 pinouts are different from what ive read and #7 is in a different spot in this one
              before you go and take your dash apart
              Ya this is the pin out I have aswell.
              I will try it again and see if it works but if now I will be taring the gauge cluster out and seeing if all is good there.

Comment

So I tried the wire and even tried on 2 other tachs to see if mine was no good and I am not getting a tach read out

is there anywhere else to get a proper tach signal from?
                running an rb25det series 2 on track with a tach is kinda not my cup of tea

Comment

tap it on cas and one on lighter to light up then ground
                  Toy: BNR32
                  DD: R50

Comment

Working...
                  X