Friends.... Oh friends. I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends.... Oh friends. I need help!

So, I was installing my new sub in my trunk. While having the trunk open, my buddy being the dimbo he is. Pushed down on a metal latch peice that clicked once he pushed it down. Me figuring it just locked the trunk. I shut it when I was done. I now CANT open my trunk. AT ALL.

I also figured out that my KEY doesn't work, as well as the latch inside.

My questions. Do trunk keys match ignition keys? Also, what would you guys suggest to get my trunk open?

I came to the conclusion that I should take out the rear seat. I also found that I can't find any mounting screws, so I figured it mounts in the trunk. FML.

Thanks for the help guys!

- Stephen
    Originally posted by Robski
    do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

pushing that latch down will make it so you cant open the trunk from inside the car and yes the ignition and trunk key is the same. somone must of swapped a new trunk on your car and never change the lock out
    Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

turn the key while pushing up and down on the trunk, it will eventually unlock, then move the metal pin back into its old position
      all locks should work with the same key, and ignition
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

if all else fails, take your rear seat out and take out the metal firewall thing, and crawl in there and push the metal piece back up.

Comment

Okay, It's not obvious that the tumbler in my trunk is BROKEN. All the other ones work, I can't even get the key in half way.

Can I take my seat out from the inside w/o using the trunk? If not, what do you suggest since I can't use my key.

Comment

^^^ is that your ride? 4 door R32?

Yes remove the 2 bolts on the bottom of your rear seats first, once that's out you will have another two bolts to remove after..

Be very gentle when removing the lower rear seat.. (if this is the first time your doing it.. it might need a little foreplay first! NO PUN intended)

Good luck and hope you get it sorted

Comment

Yes, four door r32. Were are these bolts located approx? I felt all in the seat crevacies and didnt find anything.

Comment

2 are in the foot well. Remove them then pull up hard on the lower half. 2 more are on the bottom of the back seat now visible. Remove them and slide up, the tabs bend easy.
                Last edited by mfroese; 08-07-2011, 10:40 PM.
                sigpic
                89 Nissan Skyline GTS-t sports limited sedan
                4 door love.

Comment

The problem is that Nissan has a Valet key and it will not unlock your glove box or trunk! So the key you have is the Valet key! Does it lock and unlock your glove box? And what mfrosee said, one bolt in the foot well area of the back seat is on each side in the middle of each foot well really close to the seat! Undo those and you are on your way!
                  aww crap, did you see that!

Comment

I didn't know I could lock my glove box. So probably not. (I just never put anything in there, nor used it) Thanks for the help so far, gonna tear it apart tomorrow. Hopefully fix this damn annoying issue

Comment

Working...
                    X