Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfire question

Been having this issue a fair bit now.

The only problem, it cuts in and out on its own (not rapidly, either stays misfiring, or not)

I've come up with some ideas on it and basically what happens is I got to throttle up, I have NO power. it makes somewhat of a "rumbling" noise. Can post video of how it sounds if it'll help. Although sound may not do to much.

From what I've found out I've come up with the following culprits.

- Dead coilpack (not 100%, because it does run NORMAL at times)
    - Battery has issue holding charge (don't think that's relevant)
    - I recently made a custom BOV delete plate. (Welded BOV into a pipe before the oem one. Cut a peice of steel to cover the BOV addition to the J pipe. Yes, I sealed it w/ the gasket)
    - Recently added a wet oil intake (I think that's what they're called? I'm thinking this MAY have clogged my MAF sensor?)
    - Oil has about 3k on it (changing it when I get free time this week. Although I don't think it's relevant. I have heard of bad oil causing issues similiar tho)
    - Bad fuel (been cycled through, about 1k ago. The place ended up having WATER in there gas tanks. I drained the tank AFTER i found out and sadly probably after it was all used)

I did find a video that sounds EXACTLY like mine.. (except the exhaust, it may be a different issue than mine. Thought it'd help to post)
    Originally posted by Robski
    do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

Sounds like a bad ignitor to me. I had a similar problem and it's apparently common. Does it seem to work fine cold then fail once the car warms up?

Comment

Yes! I tested that after having the car sitting 2 days.

It also started a hella rough. I do mean ROUGH. Bout 3 seconds of turning the key, then had to push throttle to get it to pick up.

Is this of any relevance?

Will a obd reader pick up the ignitor issue?

I don't believe it is a ignitor issue now. I believe it's either a sparkplug or bad coilpack after removing each coilpack while running the 5th coilpack (2nd from firewall)
      made no difference in how my engine ran.

Going to replace this asap, as well as spark plug(s)
      Last edited by krystalized_jdm; 09-13-2011, 05:25 PM.
      Originally posted by Robski
      do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

Comment

Working...
      X