Found this switch under my dash...what is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this switch under my dash...what is it

Those red and green leds sometimes blink. What is this thing. Also has a min/max switch?

Interesting, I haven't a clue. Did you try running the wire to see where it goes?
    1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

It's the shock sensor for your car alarm. If you don't have a car alarm then it means someone took the alarm out before you purchased your car and this was left behind.

Comment

^ Yeah I agree with him.. If there is no alarm fob then its useless

Comment

I have a fob, and it alarms the car, but I didnt think it was shock sensitive haha

Comment

What kind of alarm do you have? I'm actually still in the market for one and want to get people's opinions on ones they already have/had.
            1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by MKIV View Post
              What kind of alarm do you have? I'm actually still in the market for one and want to get people's opinions on ones they already have/had.
              I had (still have) Autopager alarms but I don't know if they are still around. the last brand that I use (and installed) is Audiovox alarms, again I don't know if they still in the aftermarket alarm business. What i like about Autopager is that they have very sturdy remote fobs, I had them form 20 years and they are still good. My good friend uses Ungo and he has gone through 2 sets of key fobs in ten years; he is trying to find a new set before the present set dies and they are about $45 each! What I like about Audiovox is that you can have a single wire current sensor hook-up so you don't have to wire the doors if you don't want to. The newer cars has time delay interior lights (like our Skyline) so you have to wire the doors separately with a diode per door. The best thing about Audiovox is that the alarm doesn't use very much current. If I leave my cars parked for 3 months the one will Audiovox will start but the Autopager will need a boost.

Comment

Working...
              X