Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bouncy rumble idle; What do you think of my solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncy rumble idle; What do you think of my solution?

So, I have a new engine with Poncam, I know the idle can be a bit rougher but I think it's over exagerated right now.

1) Swapping my Blitz BOV for 2 Synapse anti-stall BOV, because yes I do stall almost, at least 1x every ride.

2) I had a deep cycle battery Kinetik before, went for a Optima REDTOP and had my alternator rebuilted/cleaned. But maybe the Redtop simply can't take the load and I should go back to a Kinetik.

3) Have a catchcan installed to remove the pcv valve.

4) Install new tranny mount( because I can feel the tranny kinda shaking.. or it's the engine making the tranny shaking ..)

5) Install an engine torque stuff from ebay.

Think it could help!? The only thing is that I love the sound of the Blitz SS BOVs and would like to keep it the same ( it's louder than HKS super-tight sounding)
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

the bovs might do it. but there is no way a optima redtop wont be able to support the load your putting on it if its holding a charge. tranny mount wont do anything and the shaking is prob the motor shaking as the rpms drop. and finally engine torque stuff from ebay wont do anything to help your idle... id start with the bovs and go from there.
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

engine torque for the shaking I get. and the kinetik because i have a sound system.

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Bov is probably the issue that's what mine is

Comment

How much ignition timing are you running at idle? too much can give your car some good shaking action & bounce around very oddly.

Comment

Quite a few things come to mind.

Leak between flange, main body on BOV (flange not sitting flat) or flange has come loose due to not tightening screws enough.

Turn off narrowband o2 sensor and see if problem stops (o2 sensor makes ECU run engine rich, lean and idle stabilisation tables adjust ignition timing to suit).

Check AACV to ECU idle rpm adjustment (both at same idle rpm)

Running too thick engine oil and engine struggles to idle. Thinner oil stopped it from happening.
            Last edited by Skym; 10-24-2011, 01:09 AM.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Synapse once claimed that compressor surge is literally the turbo spinning backwards. Ergo, they'd never get my money. Put the stock BOV setup back on and see what happens.

Comment

Never had a problem with their BOV for over 1 year. Still runs the same as when we installed it. The main problem is not installing BOV correctly which makes it malfunction. Also not using Synapse boost connect kit, etc (aftermarket hoses are too big). The flange not sitting flat was one problem we encountered, but solved with one person holding flange in place while the other tightens screws. The clamp type flange version of their BOV is in my opinion better.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

1) maybe

2) no

3) no

4) no

5) NO
                  sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

What are you idling at?
                    R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

What ECU are you running? AFM's or MAP sensors?
                      Change to a stock BOV and see if that helps. How is it on full load?
                      Current car:
                      1999 R34 GTR V-Spec

Past cars:
                      1994 R32 GTR V-Spec II
                      1998 R34 GTT
                      1989 Z32 300ZX

Comment

full load, well it's ... very powerful LOL. It's only at red light that my car act weird and it wasnt doing this last year.

It,s not much of a big deal but I like to have a clean car and a clean car also has to run clean and nice.

Guys, can you recommend a set of BOV that should ''sound'' like the blitz SS ? I mean.. instead of looking at them and blabla, I rather just change them lol and sell them -as is- even tho, I doubt they are the problem because they act perfectly fine while riding. but maybe thos BOV ''anti-stall'' could be the solution. but so far, what I heard on youtube is that they sound quite ricey..

Comment

The stock BOV leaks a bit of air at idle and the ECU takes that into account. When a stock RB has an aftermarket atmospheric BOV installed, that air is lost after the AFM so the ECU gets a different reading as to the ACTUAL amount of air. If you have a buddy who has stock BOV's, I'd slap them on and see if that fixes the problem. Even if you choose to get different BOV's, at least you'll know what the problem is.
                          Current car:
                          1999 R34 GTR V-Spec

Past cars:
                          1994 R32 GTR V-Spec II
                          1998 R34 GTT
                          1989 Z32 300ZX

Comment

The antistall fitting is supposed to reduce amount of air getting released, as shown on this R32GTR at idle -

Just installed antistall kit for my R32 GTR RB26. I have no stall problems and this freakin BOV is loud as hell.

But doesn't totally eliminate the problem. Better to recirculate the BOV's with MAF.

With ECU + MAP sensor (intake manifold) it solves the problem -

Skyline GTR32 505rwhp, hks T04z, hks 60mm external wastegate, hks down pipe, A'pexi 3.5'' catback, sard 800cc, A'pexi power fc comander D-jetro + boost contr...

Also if engine has cams, the vacuum probably would be lower at idle and with BOV your meant to change spring to suit (look at Tial BOV with different option springs, depending on engine vacuum as an example). With Synapse BOV's it might need adjustment of spring preload nuts on back of BOV. Best to ask Synapse and see what they say.

Also check for blown intake gaskets, as said earlier o2 sensor can make ECU run engine lean, rich and ECU adjust's ignition timing to suit which makes revs bounce up and down.
                            Last edited by Skym; 10-24-2011, 07:43 PM.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                            X