Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question - Nismo S-Tune suspension

Quick question...

I have Nismo s-tune suspension in my Gtr r32, they are only dampening adjustable. I wouldn't mind going lower in the future, but was wondering if I should sell these and get a set of tein or switch springs to go a little lower.?

If I were to sell what would you guys estimate what is a fair price. They are in good condition no leaks and approx 6-10k on them. Cars always stored in winter so they are in good shape.

Or would I be a idiot to get rid of good Nismo goodies?

Thx in advance.

Comment

Hi there,

I'd still be interested in these if they're still around?

Cheers
      Cabbage

Comment

Lower is not always better, as if low enough, can screw up vertical rollcentre. You'll then need adjustable Ikeya or similar supension arms with rollcentre adjusters on them to reset vertical rollcentre.

As far as I know, cheaper Nismo S-tune suspension uses damper adjustable multitube KYB shocks. It's setup to work with HICAS, stock 4wd torque split, etc and the higher rideheight should allow easier access to driveways, etc. Those type of shocks last 30,000km or so, sometimes more without leaking, but performance drops after about 30,000km.

If want better handling (stock springs or Nismo springs), change shocks to circlip adjustable spring seat Monotube Bilstein shocks with sport valving option (a bit harsher than valving as found inside Bilstein shocks that are fitted to Subaru station wagon, Supra's, etc, but can adjust ride height 10mm? at time by adjusting spring seat height). Bilstein Monotube shocks are bigger diameter (bigger diameter valving = smoother ride) and don't overheat as easily on racetrack due to air passing shock body that cools fluid inside. Also you can upgrade shock to racespec if you want to, with resouvoirs, spanner adjustable spring seats, upgrade valving, etc. They can last up to 150,000km between rebuilds. Only problem is you shorten travel when spring seats are lowered, so are more suited to Nismo or stock springs or springs with minor rideheight drop. They use Bilstein shocks on R35GTR that laps Nurburgring.
        Last edited by Skym; 10-05-2012, 05:06 PM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Ill buy those shocks off of yuh if you dont need em

Comment

Sorry guys, sold these, and bought a new set

Comment

Working...
            X