blew the injector resistor pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blew the injector resistor pack?

so was cleaning my engine bay and relocated a couple things, simple unclip and reclip

I moved my injector resistor pack inside my firewall beside my ecu. to see if everything was working fine I started my car while the resistor pack was still on the carpet of my car.

after a minute of running I shut the car off so it didn't get too hot for the rest of the cleaning, went to restart my car afterwards and it wouldn't run anymore, it would turn over but I would get nothing back

ends up I dont have fuel anymore, everything else checked out fine, fuel pump,coil packs, spark plugs

Could I have blown the injector resistor pack by not grounding the whole unit down?

when i test it with a test light i get a constant light on but no fuel is making its way into the cylinder, could I have blown the injectors?

I am getting 3 ohms resistance threw all the injectors and and 3 ohms from the injector clip when the key is turned on

if anyone has seen or heard this issue I would like to hear your feedback

thanks,
    Frank

I'm not certain if I getting this right or if you're testing at the correct place (No offence) so where are you using your test light in the ignition circuit? I'm guessing you're ground/negative connection of the resistor pack isn't tight. Automotive electrical is backwards to the rest of the electrical world as they do most switching on the negative so if you get any voltage (to the chasis) at your resistor pack, you're common ground/chassis/negative connection is open. That's if I read into your issue correctly....

Good luck sir!

Sparkplug
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

I checked on injector number 1 it's a 2 prone deal the light was on meaning I am receiving power to the injector correct? and the injector resistance was 3 ohms meaning it's still good correct? I am not an expert at this I am an electricien but when it comes to automotive electrical I am not the best, but to me that seems correct?

I took out all spark plugs and all of them were dry after an attemt at starting the motor

the injector resistor pack was previously bolted to my motor wich is grounded. and the only thing I have done to it was relocate it inside the car and it was sitting on the carpet.

so does the whole unit have to be grounded properly or just properly clipped in to work, because even after grounding it nothing happens, so I'm thinking I either blew the pack or the injectors?

any response is good not taking anything offencively! thanks NismoS-tune
      Last edited by Frankyy; 03-19-2012, 10:17 PM.

Comment

There is no real ground per say on the resistor pack. You have a constant 12 volt power in which i believe is a thicker white wire if i remember correctly then it get distributed to 6 smaller wires coming out going to your resistor. What you can do is check and see what the resistance is between that main white wire going in compared to each wire coming out. They should all check out pretty much the same. Also make sure you are getting 12 volts to the resistor pack

Comment

The thicker white wire to the rest of the black ones have 7 Ohms resistance and any black to black have 13 ( numbers are rounded out to 1. I did not even think of checking for power at the pack since I was receiving 3v at the injector clip. I will double check everything again

Thanks alot for the help guys

Comment

Resistance sounds right, Injectors use a 12 volt constant through that resistor pack and the ecu triggers the ground to fire the injector. So if you power is good you know whats next on the chopping block

Comment

oops, I was looking at the diagram this time, the resistor pack is in fact connected to the postive sorry... so if you have 12v there you're ok on that part. It's definitely something you disconnected, usually is.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

Alright im just Gonna double check everything again I havnt been able to get a light on my ecu, but the car has ran without a functioning light for codes

Comment

make sure the ecu is getting power, maybe you lost the eccs relay or blew a fuse or something stupid like that.

Comment

Ok so today I checked the ecu and it was getting power properly and relays are working, the resistor pack is receiving power and putting out 12v to all 6 other black wires. With a meter from the engine ground to 1 of the pin on the injector clip I am receiving 12v on each injector, the car fired up.

Now this motor is in a 240 that previously had a 300hp sr20. It has a 255lph walbro fuel pump, could there be a lack of fuel pressure since I think I recall the gtr fuel pump Beeing higher then 255?

Comment

if you turn the key and the fuel pump primes it should be fine unless maybe your fuel pressure regulator went?

Comment

last year it would take 1-2 seconds to prime the sr20 fuel rail, this year it takes about 5-6 seconds to prime the rb26 rail. When the motor would die because of the idle not set up properly, the fuel pump was priming as if it was trying to keep up, after 2 seconds it would go down to regular pace then another 2 seconds it would stop.

I will check my fuel pressure on the weekend, flow test my rail see if it is blocked in any way and check my fpr also.

Comment

ends up beeing a faulty maf clip, switched mafs around and there is a loose connection somewhere in one of the maf clips

why did the rest of the issues occur I don't know, they went away, thanks alot guys for all the feedbacks!

Comment

Working...
                          X