R32 GTS Driver window help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 GTS Driver window help.

So I was out for a drive yesterday, and as I started to put my window up, the window fell straight down and will not come back up. So I assume it is off the track.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

It looks like there is a peice of thin cable all messed up inside the door too, which I assume is part of the window mechanism.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as it's supposed to rain soon and my garage is full

i would just take the door panel off and have a look. if your handy with a wrench you should be able to see what wrong and hopefully just put the window back on its track
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

The cable that is all twisted up is part of the regulator and it snapped.

So I do believe I need a new regulator.

Comment

Originally posted by Jezu21 View Post
        The cable that is all twisted up is part of the regulator and it snapped.

So I do believe I need a new regulator.
        Had this same issue with my r32 about 15 minutes into a 7 hour drive. i was told its not possible to just re-wire it so i ended up replacing the regulator assembly as well. hung my window up with tape and wire until i could track down a new regulator.
        1989 GTR - summer toy
        2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

The wire should run over a series of pulleys and it is possible to re align them unless a part of the regulator or pulleys are broken. Should only take about 15 or 20 mins to take the door pad off

Comment

Originally posted by evolution23 View Post
            Had this same issue with my r32 about 15 minutes into a 7 hour drive. i was told its not possible to just re-wire it so i ended up replacing the regulator assembly as well. hung my window up with tape and wire until i could track down a new regulator.
            Hey, could you tell me where you got the regulator from? I'm gonna need one so if you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
            X