Key code on lock barrel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key code on lock barrel?

I've got the drivers side door trim off starring at the drivers side door lock barrel and i don't see the four digit code i need to get my key cut properly. Is the code on the back side of the barrel? Do i have to take it off? I assume im looking at the right part it's the mechanism directly behind the keyhole right?? Kinda ovious haha. If any one has a picture of exactly where the code is that'd be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for any help

Someone told me you need to take lock off.
    Not sure if correct but I need a original key as well since my lil guy (2) hid my original.
    Locksmith made me a few for now.

Comment

Haha maybe you can bribe him with a cookie or two lol. I just got a couple r33 keys from the nissan dealership there not bad looking but not original. Anybody else know for sure? How do you take the lock off, is this a big deal?

Comment

There is a couple clips holding the rods to the handle and lock barrel. Remove the 10mm nuts holding the handle assembly and you can access these clips easier from outside. Then there is a metal clip that holds the barrel in place, should slide off with pliers.

You may have issues even with the code, from what I understand the code books for NA cars are different than the JDM ones... I had a generic key cut by code and it didn't work, the lock smith ended up piecing together my broken key to do the job.
        Originally posted by Snow
        Sure a condom holds water but you don't see me drinking from one.

Comment

Originally posted by BRN32 View Post
          There is a couple clips holding the rods to the handle and lock barrel. Remove the 10mm nuts holding the handle assembly and you can access these clips easier from outside. Then there is a metal clip that holds the barrel in place, should slide off with pliers.

You may have issues even with the code, from what I understand the code books for NA cars are different than the JDM ones... I had a generic key cut by code and it didn't work, the lock smith ended up piecing together my broken key to do the job.
          You just have to make sure the dealer you go to has the other book, the nissan dealership I went to had both NA and JDM book for key cutting.

Comment

Originally posted by 326_godzilla View Post
            You just have to make sure the dealer you go to has the other book, the nissan dealership I went to had both NA and JDM book for key cutting.
            what dealership was this?

Comment

Woodchester Nissan
              2560 Motorway Boulevard, Mississauga, ON

Comment

i was there last summer guy looked at me like i was retarded when i asked for a key cut and gave him the 4 digit code off the lock

Comment

hmmm strange, the guy at first looked @ the NA book...then realized it's in the other book (JDM)...clipped the key right in front of me.

Comment

ill have to try again
                    maybe they got this book after i was there

Comment

Working...
                    X