Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery replacement?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Battery replacement?!

    After a few hours of following an electrical issue.

    I've came to the conclusion my battery has a dead cell.

    Now the problem - I have no clue about how to pick a car battery. Alot of people say they're all the same but it just goes by size.

    I talked to some friends and they told me certain batteries have diff amperages and crank voltages?

    If I went to my local canadian tire or napa. Could someone give me an idea of what I should be looking for? I know for a fact both of these stores have no idea about anything to do with skylines ( they didn't even have oem ngk plugs on record and tried to convince me they didnt exist -.- )
    Originally posted by Robski
    do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

  • #2
    Just. Ring your old one in and they can match it up for you or look at your cca # on your battery!
    Napa or lordco should be able to match it for you
    TOP SECRET- 85%
    91 accord exr - DD
    R32 GTR - summer car SOLD
    R33 GTST (sold)
    91 civic hb (swap motor) - sold

    Comment


    • #3
      Even if it's a JDM battery?

      I didn't look at the labels assuming the usdm battery dealers wouldn't need anything.

      Thanks for the idea
      Originally posted by Robski
      do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

      Comment


      • #4
        Try an Exide 51 from Part Source. Or it could be the 51R, I'm not sure. The difference is which side the positive terminal is on. It should be on the side of the battery away from the fender.
        RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
        http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
        1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220



        Comment


        • #5
          Picked up a motomaster battery of equivalent size. He said its about 600 cold crank amps, does that sound about right for my skyline? D:
          Originally posted by Robski
          do you really want something a guy with a Civic has?

          Comment


          • #6
            For summer it should be fine but 600 CCA during winter will probably suck ballz.
            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

            Comment


            • #7
              600 should be fine if you are not trying to start it in really cold temps.
              RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
              http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
              1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220



              Comment


              • #8
                keep in mind JDM batterys have different sized terminals.

                Comment


                • #9
                  optima red top with gold plated terminals. never failed yet. in 5yrs

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X