No announcement yet.

Rebuilding Diff or buying aftermarket ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding Diff or buying aftermarket ?

My rear diff leak and I never looked at my front diff. Is it something most people chang eon their car or simply rebuilding the oem rear diff would do the job?
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Some of the fastest gtrs in the worlds use stock diffs but it all comes down to our budget. Always does. I bought a gtr diff for $300 from a parts wrecker. Still going strong.
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

Fastest drag GTR's use aftermarket LSD's, custom driveshaft's, etc.

Depends on what you want as far as the way car drives, servicing of diffhead, etc.

Most use stock diffheads because it feels smooth, even when doing U turns at low speeds where some aftermarket diffheads can grab a bit.

An example of the grabbing is shown in this videoclip when doing a low speed U turn at 1:36+ -

Short drive in a newly purchaces HCR32. Fitted with small single, fuel system and so much more. Should be a Kelowna BC sleeper!

From what I understand, Nismo fitted carbon plates to reduce the grab (It's mentioned on their website somewhere).

Nismo GT Pro LSD (street, racetrack, drifting) -

We design, manufacture, and sell automotive parts, as well as providing vehicle set up services, based on the technology, passion and spirit cultivated in the motorsports field as the Nissan works team.

It's adjustable with torque setting (adjust to tyre, suspension, track conditions, etc) when on car, so no disassembly of diffhead is required and can lengthen time between rebuilds.

With OSGiken diffheads it supposedly reduces or eliminates the grabbing when doing U turns (better for street use), there's no break in period or rebuild required, can adjust the timing on the lockup, changing torque settings (requires pulling diffhead apart), adjust ramp rate, etc and with multiple plates (28 plates) they last longer under hard use -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

^^you guys don't get the simplest thing here, its not because the diff is leaking that its broken, and a diff is broken, you'll fawking hear it, all you need to do is take the plug off and seal it and screw it back on

mine has been slowly seeping ever since i got my GTR, and i don't have any problems with it, nor loosing lubricant
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Mine seeps too. Remove cover, seal with rtv. Call it a day. I personally wont change mine out until she goes kaboom.
          Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

just keep whipping it off and assume ur good! lol no i plan to do what Mattias just said. but not this yr

Comment

I completely rebuilt my diff. It's not a cheap or easy endeavor but worth it.
              Daryl can get you all the required bearings and seals and while you're in there Nismo offers two different upgraded clutch packs for the diff itself.
              I would budget for about $600 for parts and depending on how much work you do yourself another $500 in labour.
              This will leave you with a better than brand new rear diff.

Comment

500+600= about the cost of a brand new aftermarket diff....

But yeah, my diff did seep a lil and for a while: didn't have any problem but fixed it with rtv as said above!

If you decide to go aftermarket: Daryl or Adam can help you for sure...
                My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

Working...
                X