Help Fixing Air Con. Its Always Hot Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Fixing Air Con. Its Always Hot Air

so im just trying to get my climate control to blow cold air. i have removed my air conditioning, but it should still be able to blow ambient air but its not. only blowing full hot air. trying to see if the actuator arm wasnt moving i removed all my center consol and no matter what temp i set it to the arm doesnt move. i then held the cold button and it said fast cold and the actuator arm moved all the way to the other side.. so the actuator is working. i then pushed the ambient button and it said -30 so i was trying to find the sensor and i think it was cut off or something. its only a simple 2 wire sensor, so i was wondering if i could just use one from a nissan pathfinder or something? skyline parts are kind of hard to find at the store.

so ya,
    -can i use a pathfinder ambient air sensor??
    -would this be the only thing making it blow hot air only??
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

ambient sensor is usually the culprit for hot air blowing regardless of temp settings, more so what happens is that the hose which draws ambient air thru the sensor itself is disconnected (try a tie wrap), can the wiring be repaired?

with regards to the pathfinder one im not sure, maybe someone with FAST can help.

Comment

Having the same problem with my own car. The AMB temperature sensor was disconnected when I removed the aux fan (On the R32, the sensor is right now the fan). Reconnected after seeing -30 AMB. Now, the AMB is about right, but the hot air problem still persists.
      Last edited by xcye; 08-30-2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

so the altima sensor did work. and now code 21 is gone, and when i push the ambient button it shows the temp, so thats fixed.

now the air mix door actuator doesnt work at all. before i installed the air temp sensor i had codes 21 and 27. now i have codes -26 and 27... any ideas what could have happened?? all fuses are ok.

the first time i turn on the air controls the air mix door actuator actually moved all the way over to cold and then all the way back to hot and now it wont move. even if i select fast cold it doesnt move like it used to..
        - Adam

:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

i actually had my ac put back in my gtr. and now the ac comes one when it wants to.. the AMB temp is the temp inside the car and when i have the ac set at 18 degrees. it should stay on cold until the AMB temp is at that correct?

i have mine set at 18 and it sometimes will blow out nice cold air and work great, then all of a sudden it stops and starts blowing luke warm air..

Anyone have any ideas? would this also be the ambient air sensor? and is that the sensor which is beside the astray in the center theres like 4 small slits in the trim?

Sorry if im jacking ur thread, not my intention just want to maybe keep all info as one?...

Comment

ambient air sensor is the one outside
            - Adam

:

Comment

AMB is the air temp outside..

Go under your passenger side dash where the servo is, find the black plug and wiggle it around while changing the air temp on the climate control and watch the servo move. The plugs are known to not connect fully and wont let the servo control the flap door.
              BNR32- Sold
              1998 Evolution V

Comment

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post

Go under your passenger side dash where the servo is, find the black plug and wiggle it around while changing the air temp on the climate control and watch the servo move. The plugs are known to not connect fully and wont let the servo control the flap door.
                the amb sensor is by the hood latch kinda (its on google images) but possibly a stupid questions.. whats a servo?
                Last edited by Nvdgtr; 09-01-2012, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post

Awesome, been having this same problem for the past year, wiggled that plug and perfect, thanks quadracer
                  Last edited by steveo1502; 09-01-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Glad I could help.

There's a temporary fix for it, shove a piece of paper in there against the side of the plug so it puts pressure on the plug. Not a permanent fix, but I'm not sure what is. For now I have just been setting the temperature on the climate control box then reaching over and putting pressure on the plug. Been meaning to fix it for good but the car will be going into storage soon enough that I'm not worried about it right now.
                    Last edited by quadracer111; 09-01-2012, 06:00 PM.
                    BNR32- Sold
                    1998 Evolution V

Comment

so ive had a play around with the diagnostics. and i got code 25,26,27 not worried about 25 becasue it was cloudy out. 26 is the mixing door and 27 is refrigerant temp sensor(removed air conditioning) so i think 25 and 27 can be completley ruled out? and 26 being the mixing door makes sense. did a sensor inspection and outside temp was 23 inside temp was 21 (was only like 14 out but not too off i suppose..) the suction temp was -30 though! and same with refrigerant temp(but im guessing becasue air con was removed correct me if im wrong).

so if i fix the suction air temp sensor maybe that would fix the mix door code? i think i read somewhere can be fixed by just taking the sensor out and putting in a certain sized resistor?

anyone have a picture showing where suction temp sensor actually is?
                      - Adam

:

Comment

OK just to follow up/close thread. the problem ended up being the wiring and sensors, the harness was extended to fit in the arm rest initially (terrible idea) and it seems some of the same color wires were crossed. the self diagnostics wasn't really making sense and wasnt working correctly (ex. purposely shorting out sensor and not getting short code) SO i took a sub harness out of a friends skyline, took all the tape off it and used that as a blue-print to cut mine to original length and make sure all wired were going to the right place. once i installed that the self diagnostics was working as advertised and was able to fix up all the sensors and it works great now! still no AC, but that's on purpose.

to add, i seen some guys on the Ausie site were complaining about the air con not remembering the temp they set it at when turning key off. in the FSM there is actually a STEP 6. when in step 5 press the fan button to enter step 6 and you can turn memory on/off and also correct the temp +/- 3 degrees
                        Last edited by amnash; 04-26-2013, 11:40 PM.
                        - Adam

:

Comment

Working...
                        X