advice on precision turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on precision turbo

Iam gathering information to achieve my power goal on a rb25det. I aiming for 550whp and Iam clueless about turbo performance/reability. I will get a precision but unsure on those 3 models aswell as housing spec.

They all offer ballbearing. Which one will offer me a good response. The 5830 is in the hp range (max 580 hp) , would that mean iam almost maxing out the turbo? and would any of the other mean I will be getting unwanted lag. Mind you , I might want to have more hp in the long run , which one of the 62* would be better if I go with one of them?

I would go 6266 or 6466 to reach that goal.

Comment

i am selling my brand new precision turbo, i have a RB26 and was going to put it on that but didn't feel like going single. its a 6776. PM me and i can give you more specs on it. A lot of guys run these on the GTR's from what i have heard and have they work awesome

Comment

6262 will get you 500 at the wheels probably, depends on tune
        You could get the 6776 and get a bit harder of a hit on full boost but sacrifice a few hundred rpm
        R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
        Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

none of them would be enought for my goal? I will gather all the surrounding mod to maximise the gain I can get. I use the car as a drift car , not looking into a laggy setup with a bad powerline. I will probably have to lower my hp goal, 450/500 would sound fair.

Comment

Ive look into the 6266 and it look decent for what Iam looking for. I think it will be my choice and get the most out of it.

Comment

6262...you probably don't need/want the 6266's extra turbine size
              oh hai!

Comment

Hey man I was emailing back and forth with a precision tech guy about the 6262 and 6266, and with rb's and if you want more torque and less chance of chocking it out I highly recommend the 6266, just get the t3 flange with the highest a/r of .85 which will actually still give you good spool especially with the bb version. And it will reach your hp goal for sure. Yes the 6262 might be just enough but get a bit bigger. Who knows if you go rb26 or whatever down the road, you'll have nothing to worry about. With the 6266 you can get a reliable 650whp with a rb30 or 2jz. So since yours is only 2.5 you can pump a bit more psi to help you out but you shouldn't. Need over 18-20 psi depending on how built your motor is. With My rb30 plan it would reach 20 psi, full boost by 3500 rpm a which would in the end give 650whp. So with rb25 I think it's very realistic and the turbo won't be to small for you to wish u gotten bigger. Plus drifting you probly won't go lower then 4000rpm so it should work out just fine. But like I said the bigger read housing will just make sure your motor won't chock out even though its a 25 not 30 like the tech guy was telling me but you torque figures should be nice anyways.
                89 r32 sedan

Comment

Lag? its a drift car!!! you will be in high rpm the entire time.

Comment

thanks alot for your response. I will be getting a 6266 bb with the mention a/r .

Comment

Working...
                    X