Need shorter front wishbone arm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need shorter front wishbone arm?

So I'll post pics when I get home of what the problem is, but yeah I slammed my car so much that the wishbone where it connects to the FUCA is hitting the top of the strut tower. And I mean I can drive it hitting the top obvi. So I'd like opinions on how to fix that and no I'm not raising it if that's your suggestion. I have had to customize almost every suspension component on my sedan and I'm not stopping now. Some say I could cut out just enough metal above where it hits so when I hit a bump or something it can move up but I'm worried how close it will get to the hood kuz the hood sits right on that point... And it would be ugly when you open the hood. Is their shorter arms that you buy to replace the super long oem one? And now also once I put up the pic you'll see better but the you can understand the camber arm is like completely vertical, so if I add more camber wouldn't it mean its pulling the top of the wishbone down with the camber arm gettin farther away from the top?

I also thought of getting someone to cut mine and reweld them shorter but I feel like that doesn't sound super safe... Even though the guy is an aviation sheet metal repair guy who also owns his own shop building time attack cars. But it sounds more expensive to get it modded then buy another of u can. Anyone know if u can buy aftermarket short ones? If so what brands!

Thanks
    89 r32 sedan

I would not recommend trying to modify the knuckle arm as its an integral part of the suspension. Your next best option is to cut and channel the far side of each tower allowing for more clearance.

Vehicle Sourcing - You Tube Videos - Facebook Group
    For Parts Inquiries, Please Post Here

Comment

You already played with wheel spacers and all that jazz? I was having problems with rubbing when I set my camber and slammed my car, and I tried throwing a 12mm spacer in with a touch more camber, and everything suddenly fit together perfect! Throw a spacer in, raise the ride height like half inch.
      Last edited by kyledude351; 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM.
      Just give it a couple hundred kilometers. It'll shoot you right in the wallet.

Comment

dude why bump a year old thread, and that car has changed hands a couple times now.
        Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

idk lol didnt read the date i guess. kinda liked the set up he had lol
          Just give it a couple hundred kilometers. It'll shoot you right in the wallet.

Comment

Working...
          X