Fuel pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pressure

I need help its an easy one when you put the keys on the pressure have to raise to 43 about and keep it there?? Because mine is slowly drop if i put it in on position and look at the gage
    Thank you for helping
    Nic

Fuel pressure reg is either leaking or your pump is dying

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Both is tomei and almost new how did i know if its the regulator?? A ways to test it??

Comment

Question now when you say the keys in the on position is that with the engine
        Running or not

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Not running if i start it the pressure is fine its sit at 36psi if i put a bit of throttle the pressure go high and go back to 36 after

Comment

Pinch the return hose off the regulator doing the same test. See if the pressure holds, if it does then your regulator is pooched, if it doesn't then it's your injectors or pump.
            “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Tomei copy fuel regulator or genuine???

Sometimes fuel leaks can cause low fuel pressure, so check hoses near fuel pump, in engine bay. If have upgraded injectors, make sure fuel pump is hardwired to get the 13.5 volts it needs, not the factory 10-12 volts.
              Last edited by Skym; 06-12-2013, 06:14 PM.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Yep my pump is already hardwire i pay 140$ for the fpr im pretty sure its a genuine and i look at the tomei advise alert and the one tht i got have all the thing that they got

Comment

If the key is on and not running and fuel pressure is dropping, voltage will not effect the leaking of fuel, just the priming pressure, voltage problems will cause running and driveability issues. The check valve as part of the in-tank pump system will be the item at fault if fuel pressure is bleeding back through the pump on priming.

But first and foremost you definitely are right making sure no external leaks are present. After which you should install a gauge before the fuel rail and start figuring out which component it is.
                  “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Ok so i start it and pinch the return hose line the pressure go all the you up and i unsqueeze it i smeel abot of gas bit the smeel goes away

Comment

Alot** sorry my english

Comment

Sometimes people hook up the FPR backwards
                        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                        lol

Comment

Did you pinch the vacuum line or the return line? did you do that with the car running or ignition on?

Either way, smelling fuel in anything other than a stainless braided line indicates a leak.

Comment

The return line with the car start

Comment

should there be pressure after regulator?

Comment

Working...
                              X