Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rear diff cover gasket, OE or silicone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear diff cover gasket, OE or silicone ?

Hey guys, I'm fixing my rear diff leakage, took the cover off and the gasket doesn't look nice,

should i wait till monday to order a new gasket from the dealership of simply make a gasket using black silicone gasket maker ??

thanks

sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

gasket maker by permatex and done

Comment

I have used the permatex red with success.
      oh hai!

Comment

I have a new gasket, in box I can send for $50 or something. I used permatex
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Wouldn't 300ZX be the same? $15 @ any Napa...or whatever you got in your area.

Silicone only works flawlessly if you put on a bead then position the part located with bolts loosely then let cure completely before you tighten it down. If you torque before it fully cures you'll squeeze too much out and you may still have a leak.

Jon.
          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Justjaps.com. Click OEM Parts, Genuine Nissan, Nissan OEM Gaskets & Seals. I actually like using both the gasket and high-temp gasket maker by Permatex. Orange works fine and is the most common. Black is the "General Motors safe to use" one and I personally haven't seen any difference between the two besides color.
            "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti

Comment

Working...
            X