Leaky injector and ticking noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky injector and ticking noise

So I took a bit of a leap with the purchase of my Skyline.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I figured it was still a steal of a deal, at $6000.
    I bought the car without being able to start it or test drive it...
    The owner has receipts for all work done, and tells me it ran great before it was put on the trailer due to a leaky fuel injector.

The car body and interior are in amazing condition! No evidence of a respray, no evidence of damage, no rust.
    Bottom parts of the frame on the car seem to have dents.

The car itself is a BNR32 Skyline GTR KH2 Gang Ray Metallic.

How hard is it to fix a leaky injector? I haven't had a good look at it yet. I plan on doing cams and cam gears, maybe N1 turbo upgrade, some different intake piping. Should I just uprgrade the injectors?

Also, the owner says there is a ticking noise while running. What might that be? Hopefully I don't sound too noob-like.

Thanks!
    Kyledude
    Just give it a couple hundred kilometers. It'll shoot you right in the wallet.

ticking could be lifter tick... meaning it ran LOW on oil at one point... oy.. buying a car without test driving or hearing it run... i wouldnt have... there could be a LARGE amount of things wrong with it as to why it wont start...

i couldnt even tell you where to start to look for trying to get it started
    Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Nothing weird about buying a car without seeing it first. Most people that imported cars did the same. I did twice. Bought then drove after delivery. $6k for a gtr is a steal. If its broken and needs a rebuild, it's then a fair price. You can't easily buy a minty gtr for $6k lol. For example, mine were both over $15k and neither were mint. Save money now, spend it later

I sold a soso pulsar for that same amount so you got a deal if the body and interior is mint.
      No build thread.
      1991 nissan
      El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

thats true lol

forgot about the importing aspect too, considering i was looking at that as well, but decided not to due to the fact that i didnt want to get a sweet car then have to rebuilt the engine a couple months later... to each their own
        Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Yeah she's heading to a shop that specializes in imports on the 21st, in calgary. Auto dream i think it's called? It's getting the injector fixed and just a basic inspection and whatever, they said they'll let me know what the deal is.

Anyways, has a SPOTLESS exterior, absolute mint! No rust at all. Interior is OK, but I plan on pulling it out and installing a cage and racing seats anyways.

Thanks for the help though!

Comment

Autodream huh

Edit:..............
            No build thread.
            1991 nissan
            El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Is autodream any good?

Comment

For what you are having done, any shop can do the work. Injector O-rings are a 25 minute job. The ticking is more than likely your valve lash. If the engine has never been opened or tinkered with then that is the typical sloppy factory valve lash. To correct it, it will take lots of time and lots of shims of all sizes. I was super picky when I did mine and I have them all to half a thousands of an inch to each other but it took me weeks /months of buying shims and then more shims and then even more shim orders. If you decide to do the work your self which anyone can do, don't for get to measure the buckets as they vary and you can swap them around to get closer to your target clearance. PM me if you need specific advice on that.
                " Using Fast and Honda in the same sentence is an Oxymoron "

Comment

to update you guys, i ended up buying an r33 engine and got autodream to swap it and kinda clean everything up before i got it. Ended up with a nearly stock R32 gtr with r33 rb26 in it, and an absolutely amazing condition body! literally one dent i could find. Beautiful car

Comment

Working...
                  X