Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on non water cooled turbo

Hey guys

Just want to know what do you think of running a turbo without water line.

I just blocked mine because it was **** to put on my "bolt on" turbo.

I always let my car run idle for at least 2-3 mins and i dont rev it hard like 1km before getting home.

Some say its good if you let it cool dowb properly . Some say i will destoy the **** out of my turbo in a summer . But i dont drift my car. No lapping. Just a daily drive!

Envoyé depuis mon SGH-I747M avec Tapatalk
    Last edited by frankydodo; 10-21-2013, 12:00 PM.

If it's meant to be water cooled, you better be using it. It's like capping a water cooled engine an saying it'll stay cold. Turbos get damn hot.
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Good read on why water cooling is required when specified:

http://www.gcg.com.au/index.php?opti...tuff&Itemid=99

Comment

Well i think ill hook up my water line before next summer ! Thanks for the link

Envoyé depuis mon SGH-I747M avec Tapatalk

Comment

I'm trying to understand what's going on. You have installed an aftermarket turbo that doesn't have a waterline inlet/outlets only oil? Or are you using a factory turbo or bolt-on replacement that has water and oil supply and you've capped off the water from the block? I personally no longer use the water lines from the motor block because I have installed a turbo that no longer requires the use of water to aid in cooling. But if you have removed your waterline feed from a turbo that requires it, expect your exhaust turbine to fall of down your downpipe anytime soon. Highly suggest reinstalling the coolant lines back to the turbo.
          "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti

Comment

Working...
          X