Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weld in rollcage in alberta, road legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld in rollcage in alberta, road legal?

Hi , i just moved in alberta and i want to know if i can put a weld in rollcage and still be able to be ok with inspection to be road legal? So is it road legal or not?

Thanks

Chris

Anything else should i need to know about alberta's regulation and registration ? The car come from quebec. Sorry for my english i do my best!

Thanks again

Chris

Comment

Just out of province inspection, so unless you find a shop that doesn't care, you would need sidemarkers, dot headlights, etc

Comment

Oooo.....I don't want to sound like a **** but, shame on you for pulling a Skyline out of Quebec. If you haven't transferred the car officially yet you might want to hold off on that. There are not going to be any more R32 Skylines in that part of the woods for another year and a half AND those poor guys are going to be fighting the Yanks for any 25 year old R32s that are avail. Sell the car to someone there and buy an Alberta car, there are lots of good quality cars in BC and AB.

Your fellow JDM enthusiast Quebecers, I would think, would not be happy to hear another one has left.

Jon.
        Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

The car is already in dissamble and i dont have a garage in quebec. anyway its my car and i do whatever i want with it. Its part of an heritage so i really dont want to sell this car.

@wannabe sky : What you mean by dot headlight
          Does anything else need to be change/modify apart headlight and sidemarker
          So if i understand right the weld in rollcage is illegal in the street

sorry my f***ing question sign decided to not work today on my computer

thanks

chris

Comment

Roll cage is fine.

Jon.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Dot headlight like swapping a set of accord headlights to pass. Also need day time running lights and third brake light.

Comment

haha decided to get a real career or something like move to Fort Mac and be the next oil rush Millionaire driving truck? haha, why the move? Isn't your car in absolute pieces for like 5 years?
                Last edited by NismoS-tune; 11-10-2013, 01:27 AM.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                  haha decided to get a real career or something like move to Fort Mac and be the next oil rush Millionaire driving truck? haha, why the move? Isn't your car in absolute pieces for like 5 years?
                  If he has a french accent, he won't make it out here.

Comment

@ nimostune I don't have to tell all my life on a forum, yes my car is in piece from 5 year ... so what? is it your car? The project still move forward every year. Just try yourself to build a car with the spec i built mine and tell me more when your's gonna be finish...

@ Alak yes i come from quebec and yes i have a french accent but i'm not bad in english . How can you say i won't make it when you even don't know me

@ both So what's the problem with you alberta's guys ? you're scare that a qc guy take one of your jobs LOL @ YOU!!!

Comment

I don't think they're worried about job loss, local boys usually come first unless ypur taking a job no one wants.

You have a cool project anyway, will be way better once you have more money to make it sick fast , usually the reason someone moves from a nice place with culture to a shithole with materialistic riches (well, not as cool as luckygtr's)

I have some spare dot headlights I don't need, $50+ shipping to fort m'écoeuré where I assume you went.
                      Last edited by Bruizer; 11-28-2013, 12:57 PM.
                      No build thread.
                      1991 nissan
                      El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I was out on rotation making oil money. You are more than welcome to come out here and work. Theres more than enough jobs for everyone. We fly one guy in and out of QC. But if you are not from here. They will know. In northern alberta there is only 2 things to do. Drink and Fight. It really is a hole. You spend most of your money on toys (sleds and quads) as roads are few and far between. Plus the 8 months of winter. Its very crowded and some people dont take kindly to 'new comers'. Ive spent all my life here in the industry and I can be a hard living, but if you grow a thick skin and work hard, you will be doing an R35 build, not an R32 build.

Comment

yeah Built R35> Built R32/33/34
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Car will be legal but good luck getting it insured. You will almost certainly have to go through Facility
                            Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                            hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

For now, i've found a job on a pipeline companie. I really like my job , the people that i work with and my wage.. I just dont know if im gonna do my life here. I like the area and everything but i dont know if i want to live at 4000km of all my friend and family ... My first objective is to do a minimum of 2 year and im gonna see what i do after...

Dont worry alak , i already have a thick skin

R35 dont attract me too much but yeah they are very nice car! I just want to finish my 32 and enjoy it

Comment

Working...
                              X