Breaking Parts Sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Parts Sequence

Ok, seeing as I fried my pistons in 2 weeks, I'm curious if anyone has a sequence of things that will break.
    First off, I fried the pistons. Is that very common on stock GTR? Car is near stock minus intake and exhaust.
    Once I upgrade the pistons, rods, head gasket, and studs, what should I expect next? And then?
    Just give it a couple hundred kilometers. It'll shoot you right in the wallet.

Not common at all. Strange in fact and would suspect another issue causing those 2 cylinders to lean out.
    If you're pulling the motor upgrade the oil pump and get the crank collar if required depending on the year of your car.
    Obviously change your water pump, timing belt and tensioner while your there. Replace the aging coolant lines under the I/M as well.
    Unless you plan to beat the car without mercy after than I can't imagine any more problems.
    Good luck!

Comment

Things that will break on a gtr:
      Everything

The order they go:
      Whichever way provides the greatest inconvenience to you
      Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
      hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

And they sus ally take out other nearby expensive parts with it, even if they're new
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Working...
        X