how much boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much boost?

I want to up my boost but Im still running stock 440cc injectors I don't have a wideband and just the stock boost guage so its hard to regulate right now.
    I upped my boost to 11.6psi

set up :
    Rebuilt short block
    Forged pistons o/s +.050
    Forged rods
    N1 oil pump
    Engine block- clean, bore, hone, deck.
    Pt guage all bearings/rings
    Valve job, adjust oem cams
    Machine surface /metal head gasket
    All new seals, gaskets
    Head match ported /polished
    2- hks 2530 ball bearing turbos
    Tomei 590psi 276lph fuel pump

What would be safe for me to run for boost??
    Last edited by floydispink; 05-02-2014, 07:14 PM.
    That girl with the GT-R

What kind of ecu?

Comment

Stock
      That girl with the GT-R

Comment

A/F

I would recommend you monitor your A/F

Would be much safer to add a tune to go with the extra boost.

My 2 cents

Comment

buy bigger injectors and also standalone ecu. I got Sard 700cc injectors and Apexi PowerFC for sale.. If you want them. PM me.
          10 Infiniti FX35
          09 Infiniti G37X coupe
          02 Subaru WRX....sold
          01 VW jetta 1.8T....sold
          90-00-08 BNR32
          92 NX2000...sold
          95 S14 LE...Sold

Comment

You need a tune or a stand alone for sur you mess up the air/fuel ratio with the upgrad of turbo after that get it dyno to the desire boost level

Comment

Aw maaan I was afraid of that haha I need a haltech and 1000cc deutschwerks injectors I'm just broke and I'm sick of being beat by my bfs ls6 miata I wanted to up my boost for now
              That girl with the GT-R

Comment

I would turn it back down before you cook something. Flying completely blind with no EGT or AFR guage is no way to treat a new motor. Once you get an ECU and bigger squirters then the Miata doesn't have a chance. You can get an EGT guage for as little as $100 to make sure things are OK if you want to turn it back up to 12psi again.

Jon.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

What should the egt be since you brought it up?
                  - Adam

:
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

I don't have an egt gauge but my car is running rich
                    That girl with the GT-R

Comment

I would be getting nervous if the EGT was getting to 850degC really quickly during a pull in a higher gear.

How do you know it's rich? Black on the bumper isnt a very good indicator. However, if someone following you reports that you are pushing black the whole time you are on it right up to redline then you should be good to leave it at 12psi.

Jon.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by floydispink View Post
                        Aw maaan I was afraid of that haha I need a haltech and 1000cc deutschwerks injectors I'm just broke and I'm sick of being beat by my bfs ls6 miata I wanted to up my boost for now
                        There's up to +40hp with a ECU tune, +20hp if you play it safe.

It should be running into 10's at mid to high rpm with an upgraded fuel pump (hardwired for 13.5+ volts???). You have some room to lean it out. Just at lower rpm the stock fuel map doesn't provide enough fuel. When running too rich the engine will feel sluggish. Also watch out for fouling the o2 sensors (makes it worse) due to running engine rich.
                        Last edited by Skym; 05-04-2014, 12:26 PM.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I don't have o2 sensors, but thanks for all the input
                          That girl with the GT-R

Comment

Stock ECU with no 02 feedback.....hmmm, sure about that? I have no O2 feedback but I am running a DJetro with the O2s turned off to run on leaded race fuel.

Jon.

Comment

Anything before obd2 most 95 and under doesn't need a cat or o2
                              That girl with the GT-R

Comment

Working...
                              X