Emissions Test - Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emissions Test - Ontario

Just got my Skyline a few days ago, working on registration, insurance, etc. I'm just curious if anyone knows how e-testing will work? I can only assume the MTO database won't have CO2 limits and stuff for a Skyline. Does it maybe get exempt or something because it's imported?
    92 GTS-4

I am in the process of getting my emissions right now,
    So far i had to call Drive clean and they sent me a grey market form i had to fill out, You have to take three pictures of the car that are outline in the form,
    I submited the form today so i have to wait 5 days to get a responce back, I will let you know what they say

Comment

Got mine done.
      Tail pipe test ...here's the printout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MattPorebski232ter View Post
        I am in the process of getting my emissions right now,
        So far i had to call Drive clean and they sent me a grey market form i had to fill out, You have to take three pictures of the car that are outline in the form,
        I submited the form today so i have to wait 5 days to get a responce back, I will let you know what they say
        Wow, sounds a PITA. Looking forward to hearing the rest.

Originally posted by 99_SI View Post
        Got mine done.
        Tail pipe test ...here's the printout
        Did you have to do anything special, like the post above?
        92 GTS-4

Comment

I just had mine a couple of weeks ago no issues at all. BUT, it was previously registered as 'Grey Market' a couple of years ago before the last E-Test. Back then it was only a form and the E-Test place had it all on file. I went back to the same location and it was a tail-pipe check ... not a computer check.

I think Your best bet is to go talk to the E-Test centre, bring your VIN/ownership and see if they are able to test or not.
          Pistol packin Monkey drinkin no money bum

Comment

Don't currently have an ownership. Previous owner who imported it, never actually registered it. Just slapped a dealer plate on and called it done. I've got a feeling there is going to be a lot of paperwork in my future.
            92 GTS-4

Comment

Waste of time with gray market burocracy....any credible drive clean facility will do a tail pipe test for you...look at my other post and see what the car classification the inspector put in. If tail pipe test fails ...different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a PITA to do the whole calling of the drive clean facility, but it is a way to have your car in the system when the technician goes into the system. I tried last year for the first time and forgot about the necessary steps. Did what MattPorebski232ter did and went to an oil changers shop.

Did the test with the sniffer test, done.

Comment

Originally posted by 326_godzilla View Post
                  Did what MattPorebski232ter did and went to an oil changers shop.

Did the test with the sniffer test, done.
                  Isn't all that stuff linked through the MTO? Don't they still have to select the car on the computer?
                  92 GTS-4

Comment

Originally posted by LordFly View Post
                    Isn't all that stuff linked through the MTO? Don't they still have to select the car on the computer?
                    Our cars are not there, they use to just select the GREY MARKET vehicles. Now with the new process, your car will be entered into the system as the legit grey market vehicle / VIN.

Comment

If you're still looking for info on this, I posted it in the How to register sticky. Should still be on the last page.

Basically, you have to actually apply for Grey Market Vehicle status or they'll just test you under the normal parameters.

Grey market vehicle status gives you increased limits and such.

Comment

I feel I should throw up a final post to close this thread. E-test was a piece of cake. I stood there while the guy punched stuff into the computer, so I could sort of help him. Basically he just put in Make: other, Model: other, said it was a 2L, put in an estimated vehicle weight, and did the standard 2 speed idle test (because it's AWD). He had to take a few pictures for audit purposes, but everything else was fine. Really wasn't a big deal at all.
                        92 GTS-4

Comment

Working...
                        X