Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attkd Style Oil Seperator Can - What to do with PCV Ports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attkd Style Oil Seperator Can - What to do with PCV Ports?

I have a Hi Octane oil seperator tank (Attkd style) going onto the car, but I'm confused about the PCV ports at the back of the engine after you move the lines onto the oil seperator. Some guys have the 2 open ports blocked off, but others have connected them with a hose to make a closed system. What is the reason to do one over the other?

Blocked off:

Connected with hosing:

I'm not sure if this will help but the Nismo catch can connects between the xover tube, the px side vent gets blocked, the cross over tube discharges into the lower part of the can, upper most line out of the can discharges into the turbo suction.
    This forces the gases to go through a difficult path promoting air & oil separation. Oil gets deposited to the bottom of the can and drains back to the crank case and air (hopefully cleaner) gets drawn into the turbo inlet.
    Don't know if that helps or confuses but I know a pretty smart engineer in your neck of the woods that could probably help figure it out. He's MUCH smarter than me

Edit:
    I looked again at the pictures and based on what I know i would:
    PVC line to can,
    Plug where old PVC discharged to cam cover,
    Both xover lines to back of can,
    Discharge left side of can to turbo,
    Plug the cam cover vent that used to go to turbo.
    Closed loop system. I've heard if you open the PVC system you'll have idle issues.
    Last edited by bobbo; 07-31-2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
      I'm not sure if this will help but the Nismo catch can connects between the xover tube, the px side vent gets blocked, the cross over tube discharges into the lower part of the can, upper most line out of the can discharges into the turbo suction.
      This forces the gases to go through a difficult path promoting air & oil separation. Oil gets deposited to the bottom of the can and drains back to the crank case and air (hopefully cleaner) gets drawn into the turbo inlet.
      Don't know if that helps or confuses but I know a pretty smart engineer in your neck of the woods that could probably help figure it out. He's MUCH smarter than me

Edit:
      I looked again at the pictures and based on what I know i would:
      PVC line to can,
      Plug where old PVC discharged to cam cover,
      Both xover lines to back of can,
      Discharge left side of can to turbo,
      Plug the cam cover vent that used to go to turbo.
      Closed loop system. I've heard if you open the PVC system you'll have idle issues.

Hmm so what you're saying is block off the two pcv vents like in the first picture in my original post? Your brother is too busy with actual work than to have me bother him with oil/air separation in my car lmao.

Comment

I would've saved us both a lot of time had I said "1st pic FTW".
        IRT him being busy they're having a baby in sept so I'll be forced to go to CL sometime soon. We'll have to meet up and discuss all things Skyline.

Comment

That would be a grand idea. It'll be easy since I live across from your bro!

Comment

No $hi+!

Comment

Working...
            X