R32 gtr simple question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 gtr simple question

The question is: when you turn ignition on(not starting engine), is the check engine light supposed to be on?(like all other lights in the dash)

Yup it is.

Comment

Well mine doesnt.. And its not the bulb, i checked. What could cause this?

Comment

Any ideas??

Comment

Engine check light / cat overheat light is affected by the ECU diagnostic pot / screw being in the correct position (run position), so check that first.

If still not lighting up, check wiring from ECU plug to dash (need engine manual for wiring diagram / colour of wires / pinouts).

Also check cat overheat sensor and wiring (earth) under front passenger seat.
          Last edited by Skym; 08-08-2014, 07:50 AM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

I should've mentioned that I don't have the stock ecu. I've got a PFC. Sorry about that.

Comment

How can i know if my ecu is the stock one? Mine is grey with nismo written on it

Comment

^ Likely factory/NISMO tuned. Open it up and check if the board is Nistune (gutted/modified) or under the rectangular daughter board if the ROM is soldered or socketed (modified). Like so:

I've got a simple question for you; why are you asking? :P Engine doesn't start?
                1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

No everything is fine. Its just theres no check engine light. Its not the bulb so i wonder if i ever get an engine problem will it light up? Or i might be running with a problem and don know it

Comment

Do you have the service manual? It's easy to find online. Put the ecu into diagnostic mode and you'll be able to see if there are any issues.
                    Also for an unreasonable fee Nissan can plug Consult into your diagnostic port and check everything for you and provide a printout.

Comment

I tried to short the pins of the plug to get into diagnosis mode but its the check engine light that is supposed to flash.... Mine doesnt work. I tried like 15 times and it never worked

Comment

What year is your car? Did the one on the ecu flash atleast?

Comment

If the EPROM chip is dislodged on main circuit board inside the ECU, it won't go into diagnostic mode and can't access the ECU via Consult. But engine would most likely run rich when that happens.

The cat overheat light / engine check light doesn't light up when the wiring is earthed on cat overheat sensor or maybe under dash.
                          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                          X