R34 has a immobilizer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R34 has a immobilizer ?

Anyway... I decided to have a car starter and alarm installed onto my car and came across that R34s has immobilizer... I did not expect this at all...

Called a few places and they are not at 100% sure if they could get it right.... Anyway, is there any success story of getting around this and work out fine ever since here ? Please do tell what you have done to make it work ....

Easy way to install a remote starter would require a spare key to be installed inside the car. make 4-5 loops around key, and another 4-5 loops around the oem antenna at ingnion barrel. Open/close the circuit using a relay (termianals 30&87) and the "ground when running" output from the remote starter to (terminal 85) then use ignition for (terminal 86).

Edit: Dont forget to grind the key so it cant be used in the ignition anymore.
    Last edited by RogueArcher; 09-04-2014, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueArcher View Post
      Easy way to install a remote starter would require a spare key to be installed inside the car. make 4-5 loops around key, and another 4-5 loops around the oem antenna at ingnion barrel. Open/close the circuit using a relay (termianals 30&87) and the "ground when running" output from the remote starter to (terminal 85) then use ignition for (terminal 86).

Edit: Dont forget to grind the key so it cant be used in the ignition anymore.
      Ya Vision electronic said the same thing except with a module box where to place the key... This sound kinda messy ... Other said that have a spare key and cracking the code ... both kinda giving me a hunch that this would not end well down the road

Comment

Using a key box makes the installation easier. The only thing that might cause concerns is the amount of space available between the OEM antenna and the plastic trim around the steering column. Sometimes it's a tight fit.

If the car came with a keyless entry remote there's good chances that an OEM alarm is built in the car, wich needs to be controlled too.

Most shops have wire charts for locations to speed up installations times for almost all NA cars. But any decent technician shouldn't need them to do the job, it'll just take extra time to identify them. Adding options like doorlocks, trunk release, horn, etc, just makes the job longer but not harder.

Getting an extra transponder key to put in the car from your local Nissan dealer might be the biggest hurdle.

Comment

That space is tight as hell... Ill try talking to a friend that works at nissan dealership maybe he can help me get a transponder key...

Other question is that what are the chances not starting down the road is what I would like to know

Comment

For really tight fits they can use this: http://fortin.ca/en/products/accessories/ar41/ its available in 2 sizes 1 3/8in or 1 5/8in. Its about 1-2mm thick and comes with a sticky side so you can just stick it directly on the OEM antenna.

If your asking about having problems starting the car, there's isn't any more chances of it happening than on any other NA cars. Just buy a quality product (not something from Canadiantire) from a established shop which guarantees there workmanship.

I myself installed a system in my R32, only problems i had in 7years were due to my own negligence, like leaving the headlights on or not using the car in over a month.

Comment

r34 gtt never had a immobilizer...
              r34 gtr i believe did

Comment

Originally posted by cooke24 View Post
                r34 gtt never had a immobilizer...
                r34 gtr i believe did
                I read a quite a few threads about it, all say they do... I am getting confuse thinking about it.. 1 said if the key has blinking little light then the car has immobilizer and I do not see it on mine.. Then the rest say they do, Autodream did say they might .... I am not sure anymore hahaha

Comment

Working...
                X