Ground issuies??? r32 gtr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground issuies??? r32 gtr

i just had my engine changed last week and since the swap, when i turn on the lights the car does miss fires like there was no batterie power to feed the spark plugs and all the lights dim out,
    the alternator charges at its normal rate and the battery is brand new so no issuies there
    could this be a ground issuie from the engine??

UPDATE: i just took a drive with the car, on the high beems the car shuts off, also it will run fine at some moments and after everything dims down, help!
    Last edited by WildWolf; 09-28-2014, 09:26 PM.

Could be. But it sounds like a parasitic draw somewhere (is the fuel pump hardwired, taken the trunk light bulb out, s switch on somewhere, cigarette lighter on, etc).

Usually when light's are on the voltage drops (including to fuel pump). But is worse when the aircon is on. Try turning on the aircon and see if engine stalls, if so, it's most probably has a parasitic draw somewhere.

Here's how to do a test for parasitic draw -

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/This video has been a long timing coming and is one of the most requested things I get is about batteries going dead overnight s...

It could be as simple as the stereo causing the draw.
    Last edited by Skym; 09-30-2014, 01:16 AM.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

thanks alot! i found the faulty ground that was not working and installed a new one, the problem is now gone

Comment

Good to hear.

You're welcome.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
        X