Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Objects In Mirror May Appear Closer" ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Objects In Mirror May Appear Closer" ???

I've noticed my Skyline doesn't have this standard message on the passenger mirror, and as best I can tell, it's because both mirrors are the same. Is that strictly a LHD thing, or is something screwy going on?
    92 GTS-4

Our HTA regulates that to be on newer cars ...and besides DOT standards have changed since 80/90's... Anything that was built for our market in JP had to have that part of DOT standard complied to. Skylines never were... I bet you newer RHD vehicles don't have that either...just lotsa crazy mirrors on fenders and such. But the mirror technology has advanced and newer vehicles all have that pass side rvm with visual compensation built on just like LHD's have it . Skyline doesn't care who's in the mirror it just want mooo powaah!!!! My .002inch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

its designed for dumb ass americans....... some dont realize its a concave mirror

Comment

It's actually a convex mirror. The passenger side is generally MORE convex. Because it's farther away from the driver, if it were identical to the drivers side, you'd have a much narrower field of view. I was just curious why they do it on LHD, but not RHD. It wasn't really the message on the mirror I was curious about, just the amount of convex in the mirrors.
        92 GTS-4

Comment

If if was convex it would look to be further

Comment

The japanese as a rule are very responsable for their actions and wouldn't try and sue over something stupid like a mirrior so there is no need for such nanny messages on much of anything in Japan. If you burn yourself with hot coffee that you knew was hot then you are stupid...plain and simple.

There are a multitude of things that I love about Japan...and that's a big one. Customer service is stupid good as well...doesn't matter if you spend 1M ¥ or can't find what you want in a 100¥ store (dollar store).

Jon.
            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 10-04-2014, 01:53 PM.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X