Hazard Clicking Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazard Clicking Issue

Hey guys, hopefully you might have some ideas for a problem ive been having.

I bought an r33 gtr a couple months ago. Annoyingly whenever I turn on my car the signal flasher makes a clicking noise like my hazards are on. The noise is constant except when I hold the switch halfway in.

So far I have tried a few things. I bought another hazard switch, and I bought a new signal flasher. No luck

I pulled the dash apart recently to remove a turbo timer and noticed a bunch of questionable wiring. There were some connectors that were not actually connected to anything (and no spot to put them). I'll upload some pics of those as well shortly.

Thanks in advance for any advice or solutions you may have! Also if it would be helpful to upload a video of the problem I could do that as well.

Check the indicator bulb sockets (loose) on front and rear of car and bulbs themselves. If one bulb has failed it can cause problems with the indicator (or a wiring to bulb socket problem).

Unused connectors are most likely harnesses for devices that were removed.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Thanks for the reply! You're probably right about the unused connectors. All the bulbs are tight and functioning fine. I should also mention that despite the clicking issue my signals and hazards work as normal

Comment

One of the wires at the ignition switch is exposed or shorting due to someone tied in the turbo timer wrong or didn't use a jumper . Check all connections around ignition switch , cigarette lighter. Check fuses first !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you sure it's your hazards clicking?

Mine clicks when key turned to on position(or start) but it's a servo in the air unit for switching positions (window,floor etc) haven't tracked it down yet but I plan on fixing over winter.
          Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by 99_SI View Post
            One of the wires at the ignition switch is exposed or shorting due to someone tied in the turbo timer wrong or didn't use a jumper . Check all connections around ignition switch , cigarette lighter. Check fuses first !
            I'll double check all my connections around these areas as soon as I get home. Thanks

Originally posted by future_R34 View Post
            Are you sure it's your hazards clicking?
            I'm 100% certain it is my hazards clicking. It sounds exactly like my hazards are actually on, except they are not flashing.
            Good luck hunting down your problem though!

Here are some of the unknown connectors I was talking about:
            There are two connectors for the same plug and plugging either of them in seems to make no difference:

This is a random connector taped beside the connector switch for the hicas pump (the thing you unplug to put r33s in rwd mode):

Don't have a good photo of this one on my phone, but the loose connector one the left at the bottom (green and then black) is the connector that I think is most likely to be related to my clicking problem. It is one connector, connected to another shorter connector that was just loose behind the plastic cover for the steering column:

Sorry for the crappy photo, but there is this spot to connect something located on the back of the turn signal module. None of the loose connectors seemed to fit:

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedPls View Post
              This is a random connector taped beside the connector switch for the hicas pump (the thing you unplug to put r33s in rwd mode):
              That looks like the Consult connector for Nissan's Consult (Nissan's handheld diagnostic device). That grey connector is usually beside the dash fuses.

Other connectors look familiar, but can't pinpoint what they are for. Look in a Nissan manual for a wiring diagram and it should be obvious what those plugs are connected to.

But the black plugs do look like harness plugs for a device (turbo timer or similar). Turbo timer harness would have a earth to wiring or chassis (black wire). Can search additional harnesses for different turbo timers until you find a harness that looks similar or might be stamped on the harness somewhere.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-D...024_134918.jpg that little black plug is where a miniature bulb goes that lights up the halo around ignition switch. Holy fak ...some shoe maker was in there before

Comment

All those red, green wires and butt connectors don't belong there. Take me out and make sure All the ignition switch wires are repaired properly.

Comment

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R...024_142616.jpg that looks like the back of turn signal switch...

Comment

Thanks again for the help with this! All the red and green wires have been removed with the turbo timer. The wires have been repaired properly. Still clicking away

Originally posted by 99_SI View Post
                      https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R...024_142616.jpg that looks like the back of turn signal switch...
                      It is the back of the turn signal switch. Not my photo, but this is the thing I was talking about. Does a connector belong in that spot that I have circled. Because there is nothing there in my gtr and no connector to plug into it.

Comment

Alright well based off this diagram: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw2...ew?usp=sharing (page 11 of the translated r33 wiring diagram) I think I have located the problem. Labelled with number 17 is the turn signal related connectors - there are three of them.

These are those wires in my car:
                        The yellow and white connectors are plugged in properly. The black one however was not connected. Now I can only assume that this connector belongs in the open spot that I circled in the previous post. However, the connectors are different sizes. I guess there must be some sort of connector that attaches to the black plug and then goes into the spot on the back of the turn signal stalk that I circled.

Could someone confirm this for me? I would forever be in your debt haha.

I'm not sure what I am missing, but it must be some sort of extension/adapter wire. Anyone with Nissan Fast that could somehow look this up for me?

Comment

Working...
                        X