Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a 93' GT-R; What motor to use RB26 motor to use? R32 or R33?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a 93' GT-R; What motor to use RB26 motor to use? R32 or R33?

In the middle of taking out my blown RB26DETT (93') R32 motor.. Now my question was, which route should I go for my COMPLETE swap.. I was looking at:
    1) Buy another R32 GT-R RB26 motor and (and tranny) attempt to rebuild the oil pump issue that they had; if I did this, how do I go about's correcting that issue? Do I buy a new oil pump, or do I buy "extenders" that I've seen a few people write about
    OR
    2) Do I buy a complete R33 RB26 and put it into the R32- I've read that the R33 has solved the issue of the oil pump failure, however, do I have to use the 33 wiring harness? ECU? I heard that the heater hose is bigger on the R33? So am I required to get a bigger hose? What's involved / different in the R33 motor that I have to get that wouldn't be included in the "complete" swap?

*Buying my parts from [probably] Quebec, someone like Nagoya or Osaka etc.. The "complete" swap comes w/ everything attaches to the motor (starter, alt, turbo etc etc), plus the tranny, ecu, and wiring harness... So which option do I take, which one would be more cost effective?

Thanks!

Got a 93' GT-R; What motor to use RB26 motor to use? R32 or R33?

Personally, get a newer engine. Newer is usually better (less kms, better compression, etc)
    Just get a complete engine with all the gear, that way if you need it for swap you have it! If you don't use it, sell it on here
    Come on lotto!!! Daddy needs a whole lotta stuff!

Comment

I think almost every skyline owner has started a new post for this.... have you read some stickies? Search will help you in 95% of your problems since these cars have been around 25 years, it's bound to be on the net

Build a rips rb30.
      No build thread.
      1991 nissan
      El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

If on a lower budget, R33 RB26 as it shares the same ignition system, CAS, etc.

R33 RB26 produces more hp due to slightly bigger FMIC, bigger stock turbo's with tune to suit.

As said above, lowest km engine you can find as there's less wear and tear.
        Last edited by Skym; 12-29-2014, 05:01 AM.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
        X