Car boosts 1bar then drops to .6 in 5th gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car boosts 1bar then drops to .6 in 5th gear

My restrictor has been removed from my R33 before I bought it. The aftermarket boost gauge hasn't been installed until a few days ago.

Trouble I am having:
    1st gear pulls to 1bar and holds
    2nd gear pulls to 1bar and holds
    3rd gear pulls to 1bar and holds
    4th gear pulls to 1bar and holds
    5th gear pulls 1bar for less than a second then drops to .6 bar then stays at .6

after the boost drops no matter what gear I'm in the car won't boost back to 1 bar unless I turn the car off and let it sit for a few minutes.

no cel, no spikes, no leaks.

I cleaned out the solenoid and also made sure the internals of the solenoid were still intact.

I've read throughout random forums, that its the ecu going into a limp mode....? I've read has something to do with the timing?

Anyone else ever experience any issue like this?

Video attached:
    Last edited by Mrcarnage; 04-24-2015, 09:55 PM.

Mine when i bought it never boost past 0.6bar (mecanical gauge) ive just cleaned the maf and the car start to boost 1.1 bar dont know if help but it was an r32gtr

Comment

Originally posted by nickisonfire View Post
      Mine when i bought it never boost past 0.6bar (mecanical gauge) ive just cleaned the maf and the car start to boost 1.1 bar dont know if help but it was an r32gtr
      is your restrictor removed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrcarnage View Post
        is your restrictor removed?
        It was not at the time my ecu was tuned and i remove the restrictor after and it change nothing same boost level

Comment

Most likely the stock ECU is switching to low octane / knock maps (dropping the boost level, pulling ignition timing, running engine richer). Stock ECU can automatically switch between the non knock maps, knock maps, depending on if detects knock or not via the knock sensors (usually one front, one rear) on intake side of the engine.

One fix is to run higher octane gas and see if it solves the knock problem. Other option is retune the engine to tune out the knock.
          Last edited by Skym; 04-26-2015, 09:18 AM.
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
          X