No announcement yet.

R34 GTT Limp mode after installing Greddy Profec boost controller, help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R34 GTT Limp mode after installing Greddy Profec boost controller, help please

Hey Guys

We installed a boost controller on my r34 gtt, and after that the ABS/TCS/SLIP light came on and stayed on until now. I did self diagnostic on the and I came up Code 13 which is Shift Control Unit as my car is a Auto, I did as much looking on the internet and all there is point at Solenoid A and B, checking coil and MAF sensor. I am thinking of other possibility, like no compression or open hoses that we might left as is that cause the car to go on limp mode.

I have tried resetting the ECU, but the code is still there, I have not set any boost number just yet just drove the car home on limp mode. Any insight on the matter would be appreciated thanks

car is complete stock other cat exhaust, test pipe and air intake

Just set the vacuum hoses for the wastegate back to stock set up and see if it goes away. Then go from there you'll know for sure if it's the boost controller
    - Adam

:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

That's the plan at the moment, I went to check again with Engine running and I hear something Like hosE leak, maybe a vacuum hose line. Could that the cause of the problem?

Comment

I think shift control unit is the auto trans ECU that is usually placed behind the drivers side kick panel, just under the dash. You'll need to remove the kick panel in bottom of the drivers side doorway and then remove the kick panel screws, kick panel to access the auto trans ECU.

Most likely you have hooked the power for the boost controller up to maybe the power that feeds the auto trans ECU or earthed to the earth to the auto trans ECU.

Other could be the device infront of the throttle body that is used to control traction. Would explain the ABS/TCS/SLIP warning light coming on if that device is malfunctioning.
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
          I think shift control unit is the auto trans ECU that is usually placed behind the drivers side kick panel, just under the dash. You'll need to remove the kick panel in bottom of the drivers side doorway and then remove the kick panel screws, kick panel to access the auto trans ECU.

Most likely you have hooked the power for the boost controller up to maybe the power that feeds the auto trans ECU or earthed to the earth to the auto trans ECU.

Other could be the device infront of the throttle body that is used to control traction. Would explain the ABS/TCS/SLIP warning light coming on if that device is malfunctioning.
          I did wire the boost controller on the lighter, but if I did I might have shorten out the shift control unit. So how would able to tell if I did? and how would fix it? other than running a test on it which beyond my understanding hahahahh

device infront of the throttle body? you mean throttle position sensor? it has a possibility as well, but that's too advance for me to check LOL I dont know how

I almost narrow all possibility down to the shift control unit, which I need to send it out for a complete diagnostic = $$$$$ the money that I rather spend on manual conversion when all things fails

Comment

I'll answer in the other thread.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
            X