Lowering R32 Quiestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering R32 Quiestion

Hey guys so recently I dropped my GTS another 1.5" in the rear. Obviously this gave me quite a bit of negative camber. I have adjustable RUCA. I tried to correct the camber with a level and tape measure to get it close (will be getting an alignment soon). But I had to drive my car back home and the rear end felt like it was dog tracking really bad. It felt like it just went wherever it wanted and was all over the road. My question is does the rear toe angle change when lowering? I realize the camber isn't perfect side to side. Should an alignment solve my problems or do I have another issue going on?

On another note right after I lowered it, I have a loud whiring/growling noise at highway speed. Thought it was rear wheel bearing but never made any noise before. I looked at the hanger bearing and there is maybe 1/8" of slop. Is this normal?

Thanks a lot guys

Toe will not affect Camber but camber will affect toe significantly . I recommend getting adjustable traction rods in the rear as well because right now they are stock length and under heavy stress from lowering the car more than you already have . Proper alignment is a must right after any suspension work and I don't recommend driving long distances . Slop in the hanger is normal and I think the noise you're hearing is your axle shafts binding up due to camber/toe out of spec . Get an alignment done ASAP .

Comment

Exactly the answer I was looking for, thanks a lot! Anyone have some slightly used adjustable traction rods?
      I haven't driven it since and will get it towed to the shop.

Comment

that's right. thanks for your answer , i appriciated

Comment

Working...
        X