Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux Gauges and Climate Control Fitment

Greetings everyone,

I have what might be a really stupid question....but since my car essentially arrived in pieces I don't know what to expect. My car is a 90 GTR with the aux gauges that sit above the climate controls. Are the bezels for the two items supposed to sit flush with one another, or does one sit behind the other? For the life of me I can't make them sit flush like I would expect OEM trim pieces to fit. I have dug around and looked at as many pictures as I can find online and I still can't figure it out.

Again, sorry for the basic question, but this is driving me crazy.

The centre console trim is supposed to sit overtop of the gauges, climate, radio but each individual unit should sit flush with one another
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Thank you for responding to my query. Here is a picture of what I can tell is a completely stock car. It looks like the faceplate for the gauges is sitting behind the trim for the climate controls. Is this how it comes from the factory?

Comment

They should all line up and be flush with one another. The stereo being a variable as it's rare for the oem one to still be there.
        If you're having difficulty getting things to fit properly there may be an issue with the mounting framework behind the components. If you should have the gauges and HVAC controls out again maybe post a pic as there might be something missing or out of place.
        Good luck!

Comment

Remove the trim and adjust the console mounting bracket up
          “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Working...
          X