Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You heard it from the source. GLENN TAYLOR !UPDATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sent one to the transport minister about a week ago, no response yet.
    1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
    ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

• Originally posted by rockcrete
      Update: I have a place that will do one off automotive lighting certifications and issue inspection certificates for them. They certify lamps for GM and Ford, I will post the cost as soon as I get it, but they will do batch approvals of multiple units at once under one inspection fee, then everyone will just have to pay for their own certification sticker which is probably about $90.
      rockcrete- any news on this on this approach to solving the headlight issue

Comment

• They are able to give me a complete oem level certification on the lights, we're just working on exactly how much testing is necessary and what type of marking/labelling to apply to the lights.
        ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

• ^^^^ your the man

Comment

• I've got lots of possible solutions on the go here, ultimately, I'll go with what's cheapest/easiest, and post up the results. For sidemarkers, the S13 ones look to be the best fit.

Comment

I've got lots of possible solutions on the go here, ultimately, I'll go with what's cheapest/easiest, and post up the results. For sidemarkers, the S13 ones look to be the best fit.
              yeah you have to cut oval shaped holes in the rear 1/4 panels & front bumper to fit them to the body ,they clip in from the back so at least no ugly screws. but i agree that they will fit the nicest. Tail lights also seem to be a issue with most inspection facilities aswell.

Comment

• On one of the other posts, someboidy already had a DOT lighting consultant study tail and marker lights and he has issued a report that at the most JIS lights need a bulb change to be fully compliant with the DOT spec. I haven't had a close look at my tail lights yet, but I anticipate a fairly easy solution on these if people are hung up on markings.

Comment

On one of the other posts, someboidy already had a DOT lighting consultant study tail and marker lights and he has issued a report that at the most JIS lights need a bulb change to be fully compliant with the DOT spec. I haven't had a close look at my tail lights yet, but I anticipate a fairly easy solution on these if people are hung up on markings.
                  physically they seem good for light output & have a built in reflector . but as you stated they do not have any dot/sae markings & this is wher the problem is according to the bcmva memo.

btw I'm sure you have it figured out ,but if not , I'm having some inspection issues.

cars solid as a rock other than lights though ,but my guy is definately trying to work with me ,so thats a start

Comment

• is this an issue with all RHD cars? or just Skylines?

I mean, if you buy a car that has a NA counterpart, you should be able to swap the lights and such so that your car complies with the regulations.

it would only be the whole "RHD isnt safe" issue that would need combating
                    1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
                    1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

• Originally posted by Boyscout
                      is this an issue with all RHD cars? or just Skylines?

I mean, if you buy a car that has a NA counterpart, you should be able to swap the lights and such so that your car complies with the regulations.

it would only be the whole "RHD isnt safe" issue that would need combating
                      Not just a Skyline issue as there are many other desireable JDM models that do not have a NA counterpart .You are correct in saying it is way easier to get a car inspected that has a NA counterpart for parts accessiblity.

Comment

• If RHD cars are changed to 25 years, or this gets into office I suggest we all get in our RHD cars drive up to parliment hill and park there, protest, Is it so bad to want a RHD, punish the kids who import these cars and think there getting a super fast car, hardly, these cars a street cars in japan nothing more. I can say for a fact, I am 17 years old, And I want my skyline, I cant afford a decent car with my money, and at least japan's matinence requirements are more strict so at least I know I am getting a good condition car mechanicly for my money, a skyline is the only car I can get that I would actually enjoy to own and drive and believe it or not insurence is not gonna bend me over and stick it to me for driving it, I have been wanting a 92 GTS t since I was 14. If they change it now, It wont only affect people who wish to import, wat about all the buisness's that make their living selling these cars. Dont punish those who have never harmed anyone or anything, I would like to hear a testimonial of someone's life who was tragicly affected by a right hand drive car, thats what I would like to see
                        You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

• Get in touch with your MPs now rather than later, All it takes is a phone call
                          1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

• for those who are worried about headlights even though this is an older thread might set some people at ease go to your baby in the drive way and look for an e-code on the lense as long as they are e coded they are passed by d.o.t.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackdragon__21 View Post
                              for those who are worried about headlights even though this is an older thread might set some people at ease go to your baby in the drive way and look for an e-code on the lense as long as they are e coded they are passed by d.o.t.
                              lol this thread is still from 2007...
                              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• "It will probably happen this year"-2007

Its 2011 and we're still good!
                                BNR32- Sold
                                1998 Evolution V

Comment

Working...
                                X