This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ivoac.ca Imported Vehicle Owners Association of Canada

the new site is up, there is no info yet but all are encouraged to come register.
    we will be using this site for all factual information pertaining to imported vehicle issues. if we do not have the answer we will let you know.
    this site is will also be used to generate interest and support for the "fight for what is right" our effort to keep the 15-year rule in effect.
    it will also be a place where you can post up information dealing with the DOT/SAE "E" issues.
    rumours can be posted and we will search to find the answer. if it results in just being a rumour then we will confirm that as well.
    the more that participate in the forum, the more facts we can get posted up.
    we have a committee of 8 persons that will donate time and energy to try and confirm or deny.
    the moto is "separating fact from rumour" ...
    welcome
    Wayne
    JDM imports
    restorations and trip reports
    import your own Cruiser
    join the fight to keep what\'s right
    Calgary Alberta Canada

i was about to register and noticed text boxes to enter in the number of accident free months/kilometers. i was just wondering what relevance does this have with the forum board? i certainly hope that type of information doesn't determine the credibility of that users posts, seeing as how an accident free driver can post complete believable ******** on the site
    Legend of the red R

Comment

We're just trying to determine how many of us have had accidents in rhd vehicles (we're hoping none)
      1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
      ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

i'd be hard-pressed to find many, as the statistics have shown an accident percentage of 0.03% (~80 cars out of 25k since 2001?)
        Legend of the red R

Comment

its just to show how safe these vehicles are,

ive yet to own an imported vehicle, but i have yet to be involved in an at fault accident, ive had 2 accidents in my driving carrer, one involving the road breaking away from under the tires causing me to go down an embankment, and the other involving an heard of elk running onto the highway(70km east of cranbrook be careful otherwise you might end up hunting elk with your ride like i did).

the numbers that the TC report showed how reliable and safe these cars are, this is just one more way to prove it, as well as prove that we are good drivers.

you also dont have to fill it in
          How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
          \'03 Dodge SX2.0
          \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by solid_88
            seeing as how an accident free driver can post complete believable bullcrap on the site
            care to elaborate on this statement?
            Wayne
            JDM imports
            import your own Cruiser
            Calgary Alberta Canada

Comment

eg:

I have been driving for 13 years with no accidents.

And I want everyone to know that my P*nis is 10 feet long

Comment

Originally posted by rockcrete
                We're just trying to determine how many of us have had accidents in rhd vehicles (we're hoping none)
                i've had a accident, but it was not my fauly, some coke head made a illegal left turn into me in my old red gts-t, wrote it off i was unable to avoid,

but since then in my new gts-t, it's been 10 months and 35,000km's accident free

the site Bandwidth Limit is Exceeded, guess they didn't buy enogh bandwith, or it's just getting so many hits!
                JZX90 & JZX81

Comment

Yeah...I'll let my 25% discount and rising to a roadstar speak for itsself...
                  E-HR32 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS

Originally posted by ChasDuran
                  They told me they had received complaints of a "rocket propelled something" terrorizing the area... I even ADMITTED it was me!

Comment

better buy more bandwidth!!

Comment

woke up this morning and saw the warning...
                      the website went up 2 days ago. we have unlimited band width but the original settings are a bit frustrating. when we swapped Luxury over to the same server we had issues for a few days but it is working fine now. i expect the same for this site,

a few days of birthing pains and we should be good to go...

to be honest, i never expected such strong support on the new site so soon. this is great sign of interest.

once we are back i would encourage all to register for a head count.

we will be back up and running (soon i hope)
                      sorry for the frustration guys...
                      Wayne
                      JDM imports
                      import your own Cruiser
                      Calgary Alberta Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky_1
                        eg:

I have been driving for 13 years with no accidents.

And I want everyone to know that my P*nis is 10 feet long
                        Stinky,
                        that is a big ****...make sure you flip around your neck, wouldn't want you to trip...

BTW, in the 33 years i have been driving vintage muscle cars and 4X4s i have had a total of 2 accident, one of which was "my fault" (slid down an ice covered hill into another car). if someone says they drove 13 years accident free i will believe them till there is proof otherwise...

now if we were talking total tickets in all years driving...that would be embarrasing...
                        cheers M8
                        Wayne
                        JDM imports
                        import your own Cruiser
                        Calgary Alberta Canada

Comment

i usually wrap it around my waist. i save on belts that way too!

Comment

Originally posted by crushers
                            Originally posted by solid_88
                            seeing as how an accident free driver can post complete believable bullcrap on the site
                            care to elaborate on this statement?
                            sure. im assuming the credibility of information posted by a wreckless driver is slim to none, as bad drivers are often linked with stupidity. now if someone posted they had, say, 30 years of accident free driving, one would think this person lacks stupidity.

i mean, naturally we'd think anyone who drives that long and has no at-fault accidents is a very good driver, and has more say than someone who's had frequent accidents. well thats what im assuming, at least. it's a similar analogy to the elitism this forum has
                            Legend of the red R

Comment

hummm...
                              maybe just bad luck
                              e.g.
                              Joe was involved in 2 accidents in the last year with his RHD land crusier. he was not at fault for either.

i am not sure i would agree that "smart" people are involved in less accidents. you could be extrememly smart but lack common sense which could lead to poor driving habits...

but i see where you are coming from...

cheers
                              Wayne
                              JDM imports
                              import your own Cruiser
                              Calgary Alberta Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X