Insurance in Alberta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance in Alberta

I will be getting my first skyline here pretty soon, I don't think any of my local insurance places will cover a RHD car.

I just wanted to know where you people, in Alberta get your insurance from and how much you pay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Nathan
    sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
    ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

I go to statefarm, I pay around 140 a month.

Comment

Morgex, 107 a month for PLPD and glass
      1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
      It'll run someday

Comment

wawanesa, $119/month for just basic.
        N8er

F*** Salt!

Comment

I should note that I have collision on mine and it is a GTR.

Comment

24 year old male, driving since I was 14 w/ drivers ed course when I was 16.

1 Speeding Ticket (as per when this was done...but in my case I believe my first ticket is "free" because I had such a good record....I now have 1 additional ticket, we'll see how my renewal goes...thankfully the first ticket will drop off next June).

No At-Fault Claims, one comprehensive claim when my car was broken into last summer (I was told it would not affect my rates)

Car Appraised at $16,500.

My Costs:

$1,000,000 Liability: $1015/year
            Collision ($500 deductible), is $476/year
            Comprehensive ($250 deductible), is $132/year

SEF 20: (Loss of Use) $30/year
            Basically allows me to rent a vehicle if I lose use of this one, up to $1200 rental costs. I used this when my car was broken in to last summer, well worth it.

SEF44: $22/year
            This covers you in the event someone hits you without insurance (your own liability coverage goes to your medical costs), or if they don't have enough insurance (your own liability coverage supplements theirs to cover you). Not required, but every broker I've talked to says it's a good decision.

Total cost to drive during the summer: $1747/year
            Total cost when I park it during the winter: $132/year (comprehensive only).

So I generally spend about... $1000/year or so on insurance. (Note, I pay the full sum when I renew, then get a refund check in Oct/Nov when I park it for about $800 or so).

I'm insured with Dominion of Canada Insurance Company, they have been really good so far and I've had no problems.

Edit: Err...forgot to mention, because I've said it in all the other insurance threads, my Brokerage is Lundgren & Young Insurance. We have offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, and Camrose. I work for them but do software development, I am not a broker and can't help you, sorry, but I get really good service with them
            BlackAura (Kevin)
            1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
            2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
            1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

28 years old, 1 excess speed ticket per year (it seems) in the last first 3 years but not last year.

2 GTRs. 1989 and a 1991. $1280 per year, full coverage on both, including fire/theft/vandalism. Going through Access insurance in edmonton via ING broker.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

Hey Nathan,

Go to Alpine Insurance on 3rd Avenue just east of Alpineland. Speak to Martha, she will hook you up Don't go on fridays as she only works monday to thursday!

If you need an inspection shoot me a PM, the mechanic I use is very unbias to RHD cars and skylines and is an awesome guy.

I pay about $110.00 a month for plpd & fire/theft.

Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
                I will be getting my first skyline here pretty soon, I don't think any of my local insurance places will cover a RHD car.

I just wanted to know where you people, in Alberta get your insurance from and how much you pay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Nathan
                2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                1969 Cooper S. Restored
                1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

i was paying 240 a month for full coverage, im 21, with 1 accident, 1 ticket going through meloche monnex.
                  whats going to power my skyline come spring?

Comment

220 month, young driver full coverage including complete glass...thought its a good idea since my cars glass (c33) is retarded expensive. No tickets (minus exhaust...lame) no accidents

Comment

WOW. I really appreciate each and every one of you to take the time and write all that info out. It helps out a lot

I am 17, being driving for just over a year now and have no tickets.

I took drivers ed

I pay 122.00 a month on my 1987 MK3 supra just for basic coverage and theft, fire, and wildlife.

That is with Astro Insurance here in Lethbridge
                      sigpic

Comment

now its coming closer to me getting the car so i am actually going to have to go some places and get some quotes.

online quotes don't help because the VIN number doesn't work with there system
                        sigpic

Comment

td insurance $110/month
                          90 gts-t
                          1 million Liability
                          Glass coverage

CLEAN RECORD
                          but if photo radar went against insurance id be Fu#k@D
                          1990 Gts-t type M w/ holset hy35
                          2003 police interceptor
                          1992 dodge stealth r/t twin turbo
                          1994 Mitsubishi expo
                          1991 mitsubishi chariot 4g63

"She likes to be Forced"
                          "Owning a turbocharged car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen"

Comment

Can i start getting quotes for my car before its in my possession? I just moved to alberta so I dont know what all is needed for quotes etc. The car is on the pacific right now, so its getting close to crunch time.

Comment

Chris, you can get quotes without owning a car as it doesn't cost anything. Without the car, however, they may not be able to get the best/most accurate quote. When I was quoting my first car, they quoted $40 a month more than I ended up paying once I produced a vin and bill of sale. I used ING (Premium insurance which then became Access) for one GTR (PLPD insurance) and a different company (Economical Mutual) for full coverage. I suggest shopping around as it's not like BC or saskatchewan here where all the companies charge different amounts. Once you have the bill of sale, you can get insurance.

Originally posted by 67bullet View Post
                              Can i start getting quotes for my car before its in my possession? I just moved to alberta so I dont know what all is needed for quotes etc. The car is on the pacific right now, so its getting close to crunch time.
                              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X