Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i regester a left hand conveted skyline r34 skyline GT in ontario ?? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i regester a left hand conveted skyline r34 skyline GT in ontario ?? :)

hey guys as a new memeber on this forum and probably new person soon to be in canada, i have a major a question for u guys
    i have a Skyline r34 GT which as per law, where i live i converted it to left hand drive, Now can i regeister tht car in ontario as i will be living in Windsor

Pls i need quick answers )

No. The car has to be 15 years old, regardless of where the steering wheel is, as it was not a north american market car.

It will depend on your cars year, but the oldest is 1998 I believe.

So 1998 + 15 = 2013.

If your car is a 1998, you can't register it legally in Canada before 2013.
    R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

can't do that mate, needs to be 15 years or older.

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
      R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

Im pretty sure that I read some where that if your moving from another country to canada you can bring your personal car with you but you cannot sell it for at least a year... I could be thinking of australia but im pretty sure it was canada

oh here we go

Please contact Transport Canada, Road Safety and Motor Vehicle Regulation Directorate, at 1-613-998-8616 for further information.

VISITORS AND TOURISTS TO CANADA

Under Section 7(1)(b) of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act, a motor vehicle may be admitted temporarily into Canada without complying with the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations if it is to be used exclusively by a person entering Canada as a visitor or a person passing through Canada to another country. Persons entering under a work permit or student visa will be considered as visitors for the application of this section of the Act. Any change in the status of the person entering the vehicle may invalidate the use of this section of the Act. The vehicle cannot be sold or otherwise disposed of while in Canada and cannot remain in Canada for a period longer than the time constraints listed on the work permit, student visa or any other Customs documents. Once these time limits are exceeded, the vehicle no longer qualifies for temporary entry under section 7(1)(b) of the Act and must be exported. As the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency also has requirements concerning the importation of vehicles, you may contact them at the address listed below.

ADDRESSES

Transport Canada
        Vehicle Importation
        Place de Ville, Tower C
        330 Sparks Street
        Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N5
        CANADA Canada Border Services Agency
        Admissibility Branch
        Killeany Building, 5th Floor
        150 Isabella Street
        Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0L8
        CANADA
        Telephone: 1-613-998-8616

Toll Free: 1-800-333-0371
        Telephone: 1-800-461-9999
        Outside of Canada (long distance charges will apply):
        1-204-983-3500 or 1-506-636-5064

Facsimile: 1-613-998-4831
        Facsimile: 1-613-946-1520

Comment

1991 Black GTR

Comment

I think you can register it as a personal car. If I remember correctly if you own the car for a year outside of Canada you can bring it to Canada with you, but there are strict laws as to resale etc.
            RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
            http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
            1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

yeah i think yu can, me and a buddy were going to get a student visa to japan and bring a R34 back as personal belonings.
              i know another guy that has citizenship in australia and is going to try bringing a R34 back with him in a few years.

Comment

in other words

yes you can bring it.. yes you can drive it legally

but it only stays as long as you stay

the car has to leave with you

if you are moving here permanently, then it's a no go

Comment

The vehicle cannot be sold or otherwise disposed of while in Canada and cannot remain in Canada for a period longer than the time constraints listed on the work permit, student visa or any other Customs documents. Once these time limits are exceeded, the vehicle no longer qualifies for temporary entry under section 7(1)(b) of the Act and must be exported.

THat says it all..

Yes you can bring it in for the term of your stay.. no you cant sell it or anything of the sort.. and once you leave it has to leave, if your becoming a permanent resident then no you cant bring it..
                  Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

You can only bring in the car if you are not a Canadian Citizen. You have to bring it as a personal belonging for the duration of our visa.

To love_boost: You can't do it, legally, unless you are a temporary Canadian Citizen (ie: Visa). You can't go live in Japan and bring it back.

The other way to do it, is ship it in pieces and reassemble it once in Canada. Then you can legally register the car. You probably can also import the car though Motorex in California and get a USA Vin number when its able to be registered. With the USA Vin number you can maybe import the car and no one would be the wiser (this is a risk, not sure it would work). If you have 40,000$ to spend you can get someone to take it apart and reassemble it once its landed but for a R34 GT not sure its worth it.

Theres also illegal ways that may work which a few people have done (in the past), which is to make the car seem like its an r32 with an r34 bodykit.

Comment

i know this i probably the dumbest idea anyone has ever had but if i were to get an r34 and take my vin from my r32 and drill the rivets out of the vin plate in engine bay and rivet my R32 one on is that legal?
                      i dont see any other way they could say it isnt legal?
                      please dont flame haha i dont have the mone to even bring one if i wanted. just curious haha

Comment

And how would this be legal? lol

You're essentially tampering with the VIN number of the vehicle, which in itself is illegal.
                        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Its getting the Car through Canada customs that the tricky part.. ones its here no one cares if the VIN is BNR32 or BNR34..

The car has to be 15 years old.. if you can "Prove" that your R34 is 15 years old at customs then bring it in, and you can then register it and drive it..

Have fun..
                          Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Swapping VINs is HIGHLY illegal, think fraud. Even swapping between R32's is fraud, let alone changing between 2 different model years to make it "15 years old"...

Comment

It's only illegal if you get caught, if someone were to do this there is no way in hell he would tell anyone about it, especially on here.

If you mind your business and don't drive like a jackass and you could get away with it for a very long time, at least long enough for R34's to be common on the road and you could sell it fairly easily.

Jon.
                              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X