Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! temporary province to province plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! temporary province to province plates?

Hey guys
    So i'm buying a gts-t in edmonton and i live in ottawa. I want to fly down next weekend and drive it back with a friend. however im wondering how i go about getting this car registered with temporary plates to get it back. Insurance is fine i can just give them the VIN before i leave and have insurance, but i dont know if i can get temporary plates in alberta without being a resident? anyone know how this works?
    thanks
    adrian
    1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Summer toy
    1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T "Thommy Kaira" Project Car
    2003 Ford Escape Sport - winter beater
    1995 Hinda Civic SI - Project car

word of advice - Have the car shipped to you and spend a week or so going over the car. I've heard so many accounts of cars coming in and someone tries to drive it away and they have some kind of major failure. You will be so glad you did this after. Not to mention evry RCMP is on the look out for the right hand drive cars to give them a VI for just so much as using air. My car was VI'd and engine rebuilt and the list is long. I've spent the last 5 months working on it, to keep it on the road. And after all that the turbos only lasted 6,000 km and they now are hooped. The new ones go in tomorrow.
    " Using Fast and Honda in the same sentence is an Oxymoron "

Comment

Working...
    X