RightDrive in Toronto Star - article oon RHD's in Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RightDrive in Toronto Star - article oon RHD's in Ontario

We were recently interviewed for an article in the Star. If anyone has had any doibt about RHD's in Ontario, both the RIV and MTO have come out and said they have no intentions of making any law changes for them in Ontario.

You can read the full article on our site here...http://www.rightdrive.ca/news/view/29

Stay tuned guys! I promise we have BIG things coming in 2010 that will change the game. It's our year!

i just HATE how they, the media; always says "due to a loop hole in canadas importation laws" and " it is exempt from federal safety standards "

such BS its not a loop hole. and they are not exempt from safety standards, every single one of these vehicles has been inspected at least once, my car didnt pass its inspection due to tie rod ends, got new ones and passed she did, along with all the other junk we gotta do of course.

this is a step in the right direction and good on you for that... just make sure that the media knows that we are not exploiting some loop hole... it sounds bad. we are following the laws put forth thats not a loop hole
    How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
    \'90 GTR32

Comment

Agreed 100%
      That terminology needs to be addressed since it make the whole thing sound sketchy.

The writer may be coming back to our shop soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
        i just HATE how they, the media; always says "due to a loop hole in canadas importation laws" and " it is exempt from federal safety standards "

such BS its not a loop hole. and they are not exempt from safety standards, every single one of these vehicles has been inspected at least once, my car didnt pass its inspection due to tie rod ends, got new ones and passed she did, along with all the other junk we gotta do of course.

this is a step in the right direction and good on you for that... just make sure that the media knows that we are not exploiting some loop hole... it sounds bad. we are following the laws put forth thats not a loop hole
        I know what you mean, the thing that i find stupid is that the cars imported into Canada (at least by GTRC's awesome sponsors like rightdrive.ca) are in MUCH better condition then any POS domestic car of the same age.

Look at pretty much any 89-93 car and unless it's been stored, or restored, it's got 300,000+ km and rust holes. Then you look at the same ones being imported, most are less or slightly over 100,000km with virtually no rust!

Comment

love the picture! going through timmies backwards haha. Havent done that yet..
          '94 White Nissan Skyline R33 - HKS Tuned.. (SOLD)

tune2mod.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wants_a_GTR View Post
            Look at pretty much any 89-93 car and unless it's been stored, or restored, it's got 300,000+ km and rust holes. Then you look at the same ones being imported, most are less or slightly over 100,000km with virtually no rust!
            Haha. Quoted for truth.
            Good luck even FINDING a 89-93 N/A ANYTHING around here thats even road-worthy. Or would pass a safety for that matter.

Good article. I'm glad the MTO is at least being smart about THIS.

I agree the "loophole" term needs to be squashed. We are following Canada's 15 year import LAW. Not LOOPHOLE.

The cars still need to pass the MTO's Safety and Emmision tests, to the standards of any other car the same age. They are not "exempt" from this.

Rick
            '89 GTST - SOLD
            '92 GTR
            '94 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD LWB
            '12 Mazda3 Sport Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
            X