Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-test setup for RB26?

Hello guys,

I need information on how to pass the E-test with a GTR. Quebec should start doing emission test soon and I want to be sure I can pass it.

I don't want to buy 3 muffler to pass it. Is it possible to retune your ECU, put the restrictor back into the Boost line, buy magical stuff from CT ( injector cleaner,sea foam etc.).

I ask this question because I plan on upgrading my exhaust and will go with a glutted catalyser and want to make sure it will be safe.

Thanks
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

well, im not sure about in quebec but in B.C. what a lot of people do is they buy a catalytic converter and bolt that into where your test pipe would go in your exhaust (if you have a test pipe). and they retune their cars to low boost settings etc.. I also know here, at lordco they have this stuff called like "Aircare Guarantee" or something and if you pour it into your gas tank you're guaranteed to pass aircare. which i guess is the same as your E-test in quebec.
    White 1990 Nissan Skyline HCR32.
    "Skyline" Is a lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Brody_Howell View Post
      well, im not sure about in quebec but in B.C. what a lot of people do is they buy a catalytic converter and bolt that into where your test pipe would go in your exhaust (if you have a test pipe). and they retune their cars to low boost settings etc.. I also know here, at lordco they have this stuff called like "Aircare Guarantee" or something and if you pour it into your gas tank you're guaranteed to pass aircare. which i guess is the same as your E-test in quebec.
      Careful with that ****, you don't want to pour anything in your gas tank other than gas, it's as simple as that. Just make sure all your emissions control systems are functioning properly and you will have no problems. If you don't already have a catalytic converter, you would be best to put one on. Make sure your EGR system is doing okay, consider getting your injectors flushed properly.

I don't think boost levels would make a huge difference, as the testing is done while at a steady RPM, but make sure that your fuel system is giving as near to stoichiometric ratio as possible (14[air]:1[fuel]), that way you will be running neither rich or lean.

Comment

Working...
      X