TD insurance will not insure RHD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD insurance will not insure RHD's

Well thought I would share to help others avoid this whole mess of things. As you know I own a Jeep, a toyota pick up, and a gtr for road use and plated. Now originally when I insured the jeep td was one of the cheapest but not the cheapest but my main concern was that they would be accepting my RHD vehicle on the policy in the spring when it was ready for the road, they said it should be fine, I asked if they were sure because if it was a no, or with consideration etc I would not be signing a contract.

They said they do and will always accept all cars with valid safety and e-test. So I say okay and sign a one year contract. I call them up a couple days ago to add the toyota to storage insurance and inquire about a quote. She goes quiet she asks me to hold. A man comes on the line and informs me that TD insurance does not want to insure any vehicle where the steering wheel is located on teh right side or passenger side of the vehicle. And I said I asked and it was noted on my file that I would not get insurance with you if that car could not be insured. He paused. Said it was noted on my file and there was nothing I could do to change it.

The underwriters were instructed that it could not be isnured. I asked then why they just said again they dont want to insure vehicles with "right hand steering". I then said thats fine and wanted to cancel my policy as they broke one of my main requests before I even enacted the policy and they want 482.00 cancellation penalty I hung up the phone. Then got a call from a supervisor to tell me the same thing again and that it would cost me that much to cancel. I said that is bubkus and I will be finding a new policy this week. She said she would work on the cancellation fee but cant promise anything even though they broke there promise.
    You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

I'm starting to hate TD.

Comment

yeah they're pricks. Thats why i switched to HSBC with my mom.
      White 1990 Nissan Skyline HCR32.
      "Skyline" Is a lifestyle.

Comment

i have 3 cars insured with TD and they just lost my business when the refused to insure my gts-t.

owell. its their loss, not mine.

Comment

WOW!!!

Private insurance is total BS....contracts....penalties for cancelation?!?!?! The more I hear about what is going on in the rest of the country the more I'm glad I pay through the ass for cost of living here. At least the car insurance is really good. As much as I bash ICBC I still think I am lucky to have it.

Jon.
          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Meh, I use private insurance through a broker. I had to switch to a different branch when I got the second GTR because the first branch wouldn't give me full coverage +value of car (based on appraisal) but kept the truck there. I don't have any issues... yet. I've been ok for 5 years on one of the cars.
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

Dave what happened to the MR2?! very nice buddy!
              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

they are pure junk.
                tried to charge me 260$ for a month of insurance which they were not supposed to.
                than cancelled it, and cancelled my familys house policy and other car policys.
                they will cancel ur insurance if they find out you have a simple mod. epic stupid.
                through brokers are the best!! ahaha

Comment

same situation with me@!!! im in montreeal, and i had TD insurance on 2 of my cars + my parents entire account, my brother and my GF... thats a BIG account... bought my GTR had the insurance evaluater do his thang... only to then be refused by TD..

cancelled my policy, my GF's my brother and my parents.. we took our business elsewhere...

FU<K em.. honestly people these days don't know what good business means.
                  The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                    Dave what happened to the MR2?! very nice buddy!
                    yes that MR2 was a phenomenal car. i do miss it but it was a temp fix for the real DD

private insurance stinks. competition is a bigger lie than so called oil company competition.

Comment

haha very nice, I'll try my darndest to make it out tomorrow night to see 'er
                      Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Interesting, just got a quote from TD here for my R33 GTR, no problem, quite reasonable. Maybe just a problem in Ontario?

Comment

Sure sounds like it.

I must add though, I pay $76 a month for insurance on a car that will go toe to toe with an Enzo (in a straight line anyway). If you are a 10year no accident (no fault) type person, ICBC is the sh1t.

Jon.
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Yeah, That's about the rate I'm getting thru TD, been with them 15 years, no claims, plus I'm an old fart!

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR33 View Post
                              Yeah, That's about the rate I'm getting thru TD, been with them 15 years, no claims, plus I'm an old fart!

LOL.... I hear ya.......40 is the new 30 right? That's what I'll keep telling myself.

Jon.

Comment

Working...
                              X