Moving to ARZ... what are my options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to ARZ... what are my options?

There looks to be a reasonable chance I will be leaving to ARZ this fall. Probably going to be a 4 year stint, dunno after that.

Sooo.. what to do with my car. I've had a yearly for sale thread (http://forums.gtrcanada.com/showthread.php?t=37634) that i might have to revive, but i'd like to keep the car and own it down there, but i've heard you have to come back across the border every 6 months with it.

So i was searching through threads, and this one was the closest thing i could find
    To say I am not a very trusting guy is a gross understatement. When it comes to the internets and the world that is, I have an even harder time. Seriously, I think everyone on eBay with 99.9% buyer feedback is a scam artist. As I have publicly mentioned previously I am moving to Ontario in August and trying to find a place.

but its from somone who's buying, and living in the US.

Difference in my case is i think i'll be there on somekind of temporary visa, based on the fact that my wife is doing her phd in arz, so i'd be allowed to stay there, but dunno if i'm graced with citizenship.

Help??
    1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

jeez don't everyone put their hands up at once
    1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

What you can do is sign off a permanent residence for your parents or something here, and mark it as your "permanent residence" and have all your mail forwarded to Arizona, including Insurance etc.

That way you are a visitor to the country, not a permanent or temporary resident. Every 6 months the car would have to leave the country however... for a grace period of 7 days.

That's the only advice I can give you... I hope it works out.

I'm sure people will be shitting in the US when they see a GT-R lol.
      ├┼┼╕
      246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

I know in BC you can only be out of Province for 30 days, or else your insurance is no longer valid.. however you can by insurance from a US company which would cover you while you are there.
        Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

what kind of insurance company would insure his skyline while he's there?
          I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
            I know in BC you can only be out of Province for 30 days, or else your insurance is no longer valid.. however you can by insurance from a US company which would cover you while you are there.

So i can get insurance there? I was planning to have the car still titled in canada through my father's address. I'm assuming the two of us would have a 4 year student visa that would exclude me from having to replate the car there
            1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

call your insurance company. at the very least you will have to inform them you are there. if not if something were to happen, you will not be covered. like the guy from ontario that hit me, his insurance isnt covering it, he didnt tell them he had moved here.
              Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
              --------------------------------

Comment

basicly you would still have to have your Alberta Plates, and active insurance on it.. then you can get some kinda US insurance on top of that.. i never done it..

Call some US insurance places, Like Progressive, or Gieko..

Comment

Double post.. my bad

Comment

Working...
                  X