GT-R selling to a guy in the states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT-R selling to a guy in the states

I know its been covered, but i searched and didnt find the answer I was looking for.
    So im selling my skyline and theres a guy in maine that wants it, he said that he had a gts-4 for track use and he didnt have any trouble taking it to the states.
    So what do i need to do to sell him the skyline and he'll be alright to own it, also he only needs it to autocross and car shows?
    Thanks
    90 Nissan Skyline Gt-r

Honestly, after you get the money and the car is gone, it's his issue if he can't legalize it. It's been covered and some guys say you have to drive it down to them and blahblahblah. He should have everything figured out. All you need to do had accept the payment, sign the paperwork and hand over the keys. If he's paying you extra to figure it all out then you've got some work to do. Where's the car being sold? On his side or your side of the border?
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

Well i was thinking of bringing it to the border on my side do the paperwork and he would pass it with a trailer trought the border
      90 Nissan Skyline Gt-r

Comment

Ya that's fine. Just don't bother with the hassle of crossing the border. The rest is history. If you're paid (and payment goes through), it's fair game I'd say.
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Alright thanks man, either way im still gonna try to help him out, but its like you said after the purchased its his problem.
          90 Nissan Skyline Gt-r

Comment

ya, I'm not saying that is his problem like we're jerks but because they're so messed up down there about these cars, you wouldn't want to be caught in some legal thing (if at all possible) with him so if he pays for it, he should know what's he's getting into whether its legal or not. If they legalize his car that it's all good. If not, he couldn't go back on you for it. That's what I meant just gotta be nice about it lol
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Hey im dealing with the same guy at the moment. I tred to deal with him and be nice, but all he does is lowball and then he starts getting mad and calling me names when i refused to take 7000cad for the car. I livr in toronto so after i deliver the car to maine i would realistically be selling the car for 6 gran 250 for gas, 300 for a one way fligh home,200 for food and shelter, 100 for oil change and maintence before the trip. All in all it takes 2600 kms there and back and he thinks that 7000 is fair. After we come to an understanding in terms of price, he'll try to lowball you again. It has npt been a pleasure dealing with him but do please let me know how it goes cause i refused to sell him my skyline gtr even if he gave me 15000

Comment

i live in the states and bought a GTR, but im leaving it in storage in canada (not just beacuse im not allowed there at the moment). from what i have been told the only way to legally have it hear ( and drive it, not as a track car) is to legalize it in canada (which involves it being there more than 6 months out of the year). then you can drive it across the border and back. lets hope that is correct anyway, i'd hate to have to sell the GTR b/c i can only see it in canada.

Comment

im jusT letting waders know if he says that he has a bunch of skyline hes looking ad 1 of them happen to be mine. Sooo, pretty much if he lowballs you saying that he has other gtrs that hes looking at just let him know that his bluff wont work as he has told me that you would sell your gtr to him crosing the border to his door for 7800. Tell you th truth
                  bro i woildnt deal with him.

Comment

Moved

and make sur you say you'll help him, but CANNOT be held responsible if he's not able to legalize it in the States...
                    Marc-André
                    _________
                    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Moved

and make sur you say you'll help him, but CANNOT be held responsible if he's not able to legalize it in the States...
                      Marc-André
                      _________
                      2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

Moved?

Comment

to legalese yes, it was in general section...
                          Marc-André
                          _________
                          2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

I live in the states and know all about the laws, pm me if you have any questions.

Comment

Ok guys I know I have only one post but I to live in the states and know the laws. What I have found out is to bring it to the states legally you first need to get ahold of nissan motor corp and have them send you a letter of compliance for epa and dot standard. If they can do that then your golden. If you do not get a letter you will most likely need to register the car as a kit/show car which will mean you own a "grey market" skyline and it is technically "illegally" imported. The feds here have been siezing skylines for awhile now that are "grey market" if it was a motorex car you are ok as they went through the proper modifications to make it legal. If its just a racecar there is no reason to register it which means no problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X