No announcement yet.

GT-R selling to a guy in the states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nissan motor corp wont send a letter of compliance for either of those, because they were never compliant.
    i've also heard that you don't have to do anything to bring it in as a racecar. no issues there that i know of.
    I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

if it was as easy as a letter or 2 from nissan why would motorex have spend so much money getting all that crash testing done etc..
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Right its not that easy. That's just what customs wants to see. Since they do not meet epa and safety here they had to be crash tested and modified so they do meet the standards.

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter
          if it was as easy as a letter or 2 from nissan why would motorex have spend so much money getting all that crash testing done etc..
          Because you can never get the letter from nissan...that's why.
          Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
            Because you can never get the letter from nissan...that's why.

Ya thats my point.. my sarcasm didnt come through..
            Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

its a really bad idea to mess with at this point.

if you guys decide to sell to someone in the states, DO NOT transport it across the border for them, and make sure to have documentation in the bill of sale along with the usual stuff that the buyer takes all responsibility of importation and legalization.

in the past it hasnt really mattered but these days its better safe than sorry.

Comment

totally agree.
                I was planning on getting a shell to build a full drag nhra approved car.But there are lighter cars that you don't have to do all this.So I sure wouldn't waste my time in this moment trying to bring one in.For legal street use?Thats a big no any day
                You Love Japan and Japan hates you.Fck JDM

Comment

wow this sounds like the kid from maine i got my gts-4 from..... although it was registered and not a track car..... we had a deal involving a trade plus cash but once we met i ended up paying more $$$ than agreed. Hes pretty young too and seems the type to name call. do u know if he lives near caribou maine?
                  GTS4-R

Comment

is this kids name aubrey bragg?
                    GTS4-R

Comment

Working...
                    X