Another Insurance compay (ontario)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Insurance compay (ontario)

So... I've never heard of these guys before but the insurance company Royal Facility will insure RHD vehicles (with an appraisal). Found out through an insurance broker in London called McFarlan Rowlands. Just thought I would throw that out there for everyone.

my understanding is that they're expensive as hell.

i had a quote and were 5x what im paying now.

Comment

hey guys, im a lil sick of hearing u guys not getting insurance and such. LOL so i called my guy... hes been rlly good. great rates, nice guy!
      HE WILL INSURE RHD.

place is located in whitby,
      PM me for his info

Comment

question is will he do it for a fair rate? every time i get a quote for RHD it's considerably high.

Comment

Originally posted by Wants_a_GTR View Post
          question is will he do it for a fair rate? every time i get a quote for RHD it's considerably high.
          My rates are actually lower with my Celica than they were with a LHD Integra I had while I was waiting for my Celica. I have a broker that deals with ING, I'd rather not tell you exactly who, but they are in Kitchener/Waterloo.

Comment

im not 100% on if hes low..
            but hes the lowest i found with 240s.. by far.
            and i checked everywhere. i even got denied at some dumb places.. and i got a PERFECT record.

anyways pm me for it if u want to give it a shot..

Comment

Facility in Ontario is the "last-resort" insurer, underwritten by a small insurance company (Nordique, currently).

The normal Facility client is basically someone who is considered uninsurable under normal circumstances, like DUI offences, high demerit points, etc.

RHD is a weird circumstance where it's not really the driver who is the perceived risk, it's the vehicle!

In my case with State Farm, even though I'm 40-something and have a flawless record, I have to go through a 6-month "probation" with Facility before they will bring me over to State Farm. (kind of idiotic really, but they are just hedging their bets I guess!)

The bottom line is that full coverage (comp and collision) with a 12k appraisal on an R32 GT-R is about $120 a month with Facility, and will drop to about $85 with State Farm.

Pays to be old!

Comment

Working...
              X