Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypocrisy and Government, together? No... Interesting reads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypocrisy and Government, together? No... Interesting reads!

Thus, from a statistical standpoint, the objective assessment of the accident risk for right-hand drive vehicles must not include the results for 2009. Knowing in advance that a risk study was going to be conducted may have influenced the behaviour of drivers of right-hand drive vehicles, tending to make them drive more carefully. While that is desirable, from the standpoint of road safety, given that the Société has the mission of reducing the number of accidents on Québec’s roads, the fact remains that, statistically, the 2009 results do not represent the actual accident risk for right-hand drive vehicles.
    Lol?

Lose lose situation. Either we drive terribly, causing harm to others and are punished for it, or we drive well with the realization that our hobby may be stricken from us at any given time, and are overlooked?.. Inconclusive data due to our preconceived knowledge of a moratorium.. Give me a break lol..

I realize this is an East issue, however i think that it's interesting in general to see how truly corrupt our government is and where our hard earned monies are spent.

Full (skewed) data can be found here;

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next in line; Hydro Quebec importing Mitsubishi RHD cars AFTER the April 29th 2009 BAN!? Impossible!!

French article;

English (poor..) translation;

Ministerial order delays Hydro‑Québec in his project with Mitsubishi Electric Car test pilot?
    In a January 14 onsite Hydro‑Québec's press release, it can read:

"Hydro-Québec and Canada, Inc. (VVMC) Mitsubishi vehicles sales today announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding to launch next autumn the largest project pilot test all electric cars in Canada."

In collaboration with the city of Boucherville, Hydro‑Québec will evaluate the performance of up to 50 Mitsubishi i-MiEV in various circumstances, including any electric cars in winter conditions. The project cost is estimated at 4.5 million dollars, meet a car manufacturer, a public service company, a municipality and local businesses integrate vehicles in their fleet. The project was designed in order to study the cooldown of vehicles and driving experience performance and overall satisfaction drivers. »

In Japan, MiEV i released last June and is sold at the moment only governmental agencies and companies for their fleet of vehicles. It will be available to the public in April. This model falls within the category of kei, by its small size, its power does not exceed 64 ch and its engine size below 660cc (of 0cc to be exact because of the absence of combustion engine is replaced by an electric).

Given that this template was designed for the Japanese market at the outset, it only is produced with the steering wheel right. Last year, copies are tested on several places in the world where the movement in the opposite direction needle watch, as in Quebec roads. There are sample California, British Columbia, Spain, Norway and the Netherlands where this car with driving position right has free access to roads given that no regulation in these latest does prohibit it to their citizens. Mitsubishi has presented at the Geneva Auto 2009 a concept of a MiEV i with the steering wheel on the left, but no date has yet been given to putting it into production.

So, here's the portrait. Hydro-Québec, a Quebec Crown Corporation, in partnership with VVMC, wants to start a project in Quebec electric vehicle with a fleet of i-MiEV test pilot. However, given that this model has its steering wheel to the right, the SAAQ, a different Quebec Crown Corporation, refuses to grant the right to pass inspection at a representative.

It does reminds it not the situation in which are dozens of pre-owned car imported Japan and arrived in Quebec after 29 April 2009 owners? They cannot use their JDM to expose him before their homes just as Hydro‑Québec may use the i-MiEV to expose him to the Montreal auto show. As ridiculous as it may be is the fact that Hydro-Québec and a car manufacturer plus now to the list of those affected by the ministerial order!

<cynical > the APVIQ invite future Hydro‑Québec on its site to fill out the form that lists may not pass inspection vehicle with right-hand drive station owners! </sarcastique >

Hydro‑Québec therefore announced road tests will begin next autumn. The regulatory situation will allow it to launch its project driver at this time? Or, i-MiEV with the wheel to the left will be-t-they produced prior to this time? Only the future will tell. Though, the tests under winter conditions may be before the next winter. Meanwhile, two other models of electric car, the Chevrolet Volt and Nissan Leaf will already about to be marketed in Quebec! Due to the ministerial order the SAAQ had demanded of Minister Boulet, this pilot project could therefore be little useful ultimately in its objective to assess electric cars before their introduction of mass on the Quebec market.

The SAAQ has done still everything to put obstacles in the wheels to the introduction of electric cars in Quebec. One has to think about its project at low power (VBV) speed, which has taken years to be developed to eventually lead to something too important to be of interest to anyone to buy limitations driver one. Meanwhile in the other provinces, these vehicles roulaient already long without having had to be subject to a pilot project in advance. The single manufacturer cars, installed in Quebec, ZENN Motor Company was producing this type of vehicle in Saint-Jérôme, eventually close its factory last December.

What about the case of this SME: Québec electric cars. This company wants to specialize in the electrical conversion of used cars. Its Chairman attempts by all means for months to obtain from the SAAQ certified security on its procedure conversion vehicle in order to make a success of his project, but without success. A letter he sent there in the Department of transportation in April 2009 denounces all difficulties imposed on him by the SAAQ. Meanwhile in the other provinces in Canada, thousands of converted electric cars are registered and have the right to travel on the roads.

Several technical reasons led Mitsubishi to use its "i" as a platform to its technology battery and motor kei model. Kei aged 15 and over imported from Japan are also the most appropriate for a conversion to an electric motor. Moreover, even with their 660cc gasoline engine, their consumption has nothing to envy to hybrid models. Some kei do no more than 4 litres at 100 km. Not to mention that they are most often only between 50 000 and 100 000 km to counter despite their age and their cheap purchase/import is ten times cheaper than a Toyota Prius in some cases.

Is it not strange to see the SAAQ tackles a few hundreds of cars JDM 15 years such imported in Quebec specifically? If the safety, was actually the factor 1, why then antique vehicles that had little or no security in their design standards no have they are step to be only pressed "C" movement restricted to 70 km/hr road and less long as is the case now for the kei? Will know.

While the balance sheet of a road accident stops to improve over the past years in Quebec, plus the unreasonable actions of the SAAQ of energy-efficient, vehicles can practically begin to wonder if it, this Crown Corporation, seeks above all to protect the interests of oil refiners..

Discuss!
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com
Working...
X