importers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importers??

hey guys (not sure if this is the right place but w/e)
    which importers did you guys use? and what were you experiences?? cost and such? i wanna import a r32 gtr just dont know who to go thro still savin my money!
    jp
    1990 Mazda Manyata (Turbo Miata 6psi 175whp 172wtq)
    1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (13.5psi estimate of 320whp)

Originally posted by JosiahP View Post
    hey guys (not sure if this is the right place but w/e)
    which importers did you guys use? and what were you experiences?? cost and such? i wanna import a r32 gtr just dont know who to go thro still savin my money!
    jp
    there are plenty of R32gtr's in country already, just buy one of those.

Comment

from what i have heard feast is an A++ company when it comes to the export/import of cars. Send adam a PM and he can probably answer any questions you have.

Comment

Originally posted by derk View Post
        there are plenty of R32gtr's in country already, just buy one of those.
        id rather import than buy one here thats why i asked the question

and thanks for the sugetion!

Comment

What are you looking for in an importer? There are many different options based on your budget and what level of service you are looking for.

The merits of various importers have been discussed before so a search may answer many of your questions. You can also check the sponsor section for some of the more reputable importers. Talk to a few of them and see who you like and who will offer what you want. If you narrow the list then you may get some more direct feedback.

Good luck with your search for a Skyline.
          1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
          Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

thanks man gonna keep on my search for the right one!

Comment

Jdmconnection.ca
              Braveauto international
              pacificcoastjdm
              Fraser valley imports

All top guys, (not ranked in order).
              BNR32- Sold
              1998 Evolution V

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
                  Jdmconnection.ca
                  Braveauto international
                  pacificcoastjdm
                  Fraser valley imports

All top guys, (not ranked in order).
                  There's also Right Drive in Ontario that offers top-notch customer service, and a sweet powertrain warranty
                  kngofrandomspam@gmail.com

Comment

Does anyone know of a decent importer in Manitoba for this guy?

RightDrive is good but I dont know what it would cost to get the car shipped from Toronto to Winnipeg, perhaps someone from RightDrive can let him know. The other option is for you to fly to Toronto and drive it back. Since RightDrive does a full service on the car before you pick it up that will be a safe option in this case, if you buy it from a non-turnkey operation then you will need to do at the very least a full fluid change before you drive back.
                    1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

id prob go wit right drive and drive it home so i get to kno the car lol no to get the money oh joy
                      maybe my full licence to haha

Comment

Originally posted by JosiahP View Post
                        id prob go wit right drive and drive it home so i get to kno the car lol no to get the money oh joy
                        maybe my full licence to haha
                        I have no idea what you are saying here
                        1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Comment

For example, they get your inquiry regarding to what car you want, say you want an rx7,
                          in the japanese auction house these go no more then 7-8k for 1995 and less, and considering our dollars are worth more then the Yen, you can expect it to be cheap, now considering you go through right drive to get this vehicle they will charge you $14-15k not including other costs he may add up.
                          just beware though, the car prices are extremely marked up.

Did I also forget to mention that you can find a grade 4 1995 R33 GT-R V-spec with 84k km at the auction for 13-14k? this is bone stock as well

Comment

Mike, that's pretty harsh. I agree their prices are insanely high, however they must be offering something to make it worth your while. I know they have warranties... How comprehensive are they? I can imagine an old car will need work after buying it, so perhaps you're paying more because you will no doubt be taking it in for some potentially excessive warranty work?

Bringing in an R33 GTR through rightdrive for example and then popping the engine two months later would be expensive, if right drive covers that under warranty, than I can understand why they would charge so much more for their cars.

Comment

A bone stock car is fine if you're tight on cash. A modified car is worth more. If a stock costs 10k and someone drop 30k into it, the price should go up. Ya?

The "modified car is beat on real bad" thing doesn't mean much. I've seen it lots where they turn a car back to stock to sell it as 'clean' and sell the aftermarket parts for profit. the unsuspecting buyer thinks he bought a virgin lol right.

Originally posted by mikenogo View Post
                              Beware though Right drive increase their prices substantially, they take advantage of the JDM vehicles and increase almost 50% of the initial cost.

For example, they get your inquiry regarding to what car you want, say you want an rx7,
                              in the japanese auction house these go no more then 7-8k for 1995 and less, and considering our dollars are worth more then the Yen, you can expect it to be cheap, now considering you go through right drive to get this vehicle they will charge you $14-15k not including other costs he may add up.
                              just beware though, the car prices are extremely marked up.

Did I also forget to mention that you can find a grade 4 1995 R33 GT-R V-spec with 84k km at the auction for 13-14k? this is bone stock as well, and you see the r33 gtr that's not even v-spec on their website selling the car over 22k that has **** load of aftermarket parts.
                              talk about rip off
                              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                              lol

Comment

Working...
                              X