"Off Road Use" and the 15-year limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Off Road Use" and the 15-year limit?

Just wondering if there is any exemption to the 15-year limit, if you wanted to import a car strictly for track use? (towed to the track, etc)

Is there any procedure (like a brand) that stops it from ever becoming licensed?

Thanks.

I'll have to check my docs when I get home but I think there is a section that is checked off when the vehicle is only going to be used "off road only". I'm also going to see if I can get my wife to get her hands on some info (she works for Canada Border Services) as there are often questions on this subject.
    PM me a reminder please.

Comment

You can import a grey market car for off-road use or as a show car.
      03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

R34's aren't that cheap to make it worth while unless you have lots of cash.
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
          R34's aren't that cheap to make it worth while unless you have lots of cash.
          Did I mention R34?

Actually, Grade 4 R34's can be had for around $20k at auction now, so there's really not a huge premium over an R33. $20k for a race car is pretty cheap actually...

I do now have doubts about getting around the 15-year rule though, as I read elsewhere if the vehicle was -ever- designed to travel on public roads it is considered a passenger car, and all the rules apply.

I'll keep digging...

Comment

off road use (Track or show) is doable.. however you have to have some major racing company sponsoring you (and documents to prove it) to get it through customs.

and once the car is here, it can only be used for that purpose, and never sold as anything else.. Ever.
            Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

"and once the car is here, it can only be used for that purpose, and never sold as anything else.. Ever"

Well until 2014 (saying we are talking about a R34 GTR) that is...
              1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R - SOLD
              1995 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type-RA - Rod knock, then sold
              2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Comment

Originally posted by krarks View Post
                "and once the car is here, it can only be used for that purpose, and never sold as anything else.. Ever"

Well until 2014 (saying we are talking about a R34 GTR) that is...
                no, once a vehicle is designated off-road use only it can NEVER be registered for on-road use
                How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                \'90 GTR32

Comment

I remember reading somewhere it needs to be destoryed after your done racing with it as well.
                  Skyline GTR-Most fun you can have in 4.7 seconds!

Comment

NO it doesnt have to be distroyed its just a Race/Track car forever..

Doesnt make any differance 5 years old, 10 years old, 15 years old.. 30 years old its still Track use only..
                    Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Working...
                    X