Buying a GT-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a GT-R

My dad wants one and so do I so we're thinking of buying one. Now, the hard part. Import or buy locally/nationally? And legally if the car is in his name and I happen to be driving it and get pulled over, all I need to say/prove is that I'm registered as one of the drivers correct? Taken from this:

First of all, in order to be covered, you need to be driving the vehicle with the permission of its owner. If you reside in the vehicle owner's household, in order to be covered, you will need to be listed as a driver on the vehicle owner's insurance policy. If you do not reside in the vehicle owner's household and you drive the vehicle with any kind of regularity, in order to be covered, you will need to be listed as a driver on the vehicle owner's policy. If you do not reside in the vehicle owner's household, you do not drive the vehicle with any kind of regularity, and you are driving the vehicle with permission, you should be covered to the extent the insurance company allows in its underwriting guidelines.
    We're close to making this a reality finally....I can't wait!

Brendan

Buying locally or importing is dependent on what you want. There are plenty of nice ones for sale on this forum so that would be a good starting point, plus you can actually test drive them and look them over in person. Importing is good when you want something specific and need to go the larger pool in Japan but keep in mind that it will probably cost you more all things being equal.

The insurance info looks correct from my knowledge but why are you asking this question on a forum? You should get this type of information from your insurance company as it is their expertise. While you are taking to them you can get a quote at the same time to kill two birds with one stone.
    1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
    Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

Yeah, I've read threads where importing costed alot more than buying one locally. Time to research and check out the for sale forum frequently.

Comment

Working...
      X