Called in for an inspection... wow - PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called in for an inspection... wow - PLEASE HELP

So I received a registered letter yesterday stating that I need to come in for an inspection in order to keep driving the car... wtf how gay are these damn people, and I know why too, I got into an accident and I had to bring it in to asses the damages obviously, well I put money on it those guys phoned vehicle safety standards and ratted me out...

So now what am I to do?

I need

daytime running lights installed
    DOT APPROVED headlights? does the lense need to be dot or the whole bulbs n everything, like i really dont want to change the headlights, i love the look of the r33 headlights, anyone have any ideas? is there anywhere in manitoba I can go to get them dot approved, like what needs to be done?

rear side markers? can I just put in a small LED light and that will be enough? or does it need to be actual markers and big ugly fuckin things?

front rebar? I have a bodykit and a full front mount, wtf am i gonna do there?

3rd brake light, I have the spoiler froma GTS that has the light in it, but doesn't work, mightg be wiring or the bulb , i'll have to look into that

tail lights are not DOT APPROVEd, again just the lenses? i know somebody that has the little red circles that are dot sae approved and could i just two sided tapet hem in there? or will they not approve that?

really need your help on this guys, today is the 8th and I need to make an appointment to go in by the 18th, so I need to do all of this soon,,, please guys suggestions and help!

thnx guys

Only thing i can help ya with is the DRL's..
    I cant post url's yet but the product number is #20-4001-6
    40$ kit from crappy tire. Dont know what the manitoba standards are.. GL.

Comment

just use an accord headlights to pass your re-inspection. Once pass the its up to you to can put your old R33 headlights back.. (but at your own risk of course)

This is how the insurance company will make sure you get your car is compliant.

I had to go through the same one here in Vancouver. its PITA, but just be patient and you should be able to fix it.

I learned that claiming through your insurance company is nuisance unless of course you really have to. (i.e part of collision, and damages exceeds $1000)

Comment

accord headlights for r33? i have 95 prelude headlights? but how do you get the actual lights to work? do you need to cut and solder new wires, i hope not! the lights aren't even what im worried about tho, im more worried about what the hell im going to do for the rebar... ugh so bunk

Comment

Yes any lights will work as long as it fits within the OEM R33 lights. You will have to make custom brackets and do the wiring as well.

Care to post picture of your ride? I think I saw it before but does not remember what it looks like..

Comment

Originally posted by 67bullet View Post
            Only thing i can help ya with is the DRL's..
            I cant post url's yet but the product number is #20-4001-6
            40$ kit from crappy tire. Dont know what the manitoba standards are.. GL.

I used the same one on my second R32 it worked great but I didn't like it thou so i removed mine.. lol

Comment

Comment

oh another thing, its obviously too low, what is the lowest height you can have the car at and still be legal?

Comment

anybody, please help with rebar, somebody would have had to do it i assume? PLZ!

Comment

Didn't motorex in the states get R33 GTR's DOT approved. I would search around the whole motorex scandle and see if you can find the info on how they legalized R33's.

If your lucky you might find a document to prove it is already legal.

Comment

How they did it was got another company in japan to do it, and no ones gonna tell you how because its their buisness secret.
                      Proud owner of the 2nd Skyline and the only GTR on the island!

Boost@14PSI, YellowJacket Coils, Extreme TSC, Full Nismo N1 Bodykit, Greddy Speed Cut Controller, HKS Turbo Timer, 280LPH Denso Fuel Pump, Nismo Slave Cylinder, AMS BOVs, Nismo Clutch Pivot, ACT Xtreme 6 Puck and HDPP, Greddy Panel Filter

Comment

i can get this thing done trust me, lights and that arent an issue, but i really need a helping hand with the rebar, i need to know what i should do or can do etc etc, somebody out there must have had to do this

Comment

REBAR!!! time getting nearer, what can i dooooooooo! help please

Comment

also... what have guys done for skyline r33 tail lights to get them dot approved? would taking a trailer like lense with DOT approved and two sided taping it in there work? or would they freak out?

another thing, read somewhere briefly on GTRPWR or something that you can put in Hella 90 mm projector lights into stock r33 headlights and it makes them DOT approved? how does that work? any info would be greatly appreciated my time for inspection is coming up within a couple of weeks and I really need to start getting down to work on getting this thing ready plus ordering parts if I need them etc.. thx guys

Comment

You don't need dot approved tails... Im clueless on the rebar, but for side markers you need reflectors that light up. You could get lucky and get an inspector that will just make you stick a stick on deflector on there.
                              Good luck
                              BNR32- Sold
                              1998 Evolution V

Comment

Working...
                              X